Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-in Thread
RE: COVID-19 Check-in Thread
Still here. Still working.
If you're going to send someone to save the world, you might make sure they like it the way it is first.
Still here. Depression sucks.
(04-21-2020, 11:45 AM)Star Ranger4 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:57 PM)Dartz Wrote: I'm not.

Still working. Still breathing. But all signs of life left long ago.

Done an Akio Ohtahori on us?

Okay... Everyone be on the lookout for a young child with pink hair.  We need to find her and love her and give her sword lessons.

The schools are closed. Deflowered the lawn instead.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Checking in.

Some people are applying the bots that normally are used to scalp fashion to now scalp Nintendo Switches. It is now improbable to find a switch outside of the scalpers that are charging double. So still no Switch for me.
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
Still here as well.
The Roman Rule:  The one who says it cannot be done should
                 never interrupt the one who is doing it.
    -- BSD fortune file
I still ate'nt ded.
(04-21-2020, 11:45 AM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Okay... Everyone be on the lookout for a young child with pink hair.  We need to find her and love her and give her sword lessons.

Having spent the last few hours reading fanfics over on the MLP site, the image of a bunch of people giving Pinkie Pie sword lessons gives me chills. Imagine what she might pull out of her hair on zero notice!
Ack. Now there's a crossover that should not be.

EDIT: And I swat myself for derailing a serious thread.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm still here, still going into the office, still not hitting the option on the website that adds over six and a half million to my sub-thousand server order...
I am still okay and still working from home. Boredom is becoming more common.
Ugh. Broke a tooth. Got a facetime meeting with the dentist tomorrow so he can decide if I get to come in and get it fixed.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Today, for the second fortnight in a row, I video-conferenced with my therapist. This time, I used a device (my Lenovo tablet) whose camera, unlike that of my desktop, I've been able to get to work, so he could actually see me (two weeks ago, I could see him just fine, but all he got was the vague dark blur that my Dell's integrated webcam picks up).
Another week, this time with a few days work in it, and the same for next week. The situation's mostly under control down here, but as uneasy as the lockdown's made even a shut-in like myself, I hope they don't reopen too soon. I don't want to risk a second spike.
Still present, still working from home. Major stressor (CRA/taxes) now done, submitted and gone. Except for paying, which will happen Monday, when the local bank branch is open again (normally open Sat as well, but not these times).
Missed the check-in over the weekend, but OTOH, I've been posting elsewhere in the forums. Still alive here.
Same. Now schlepping pizzas again.

The nice thing about this place is that it's apparently the BUSIEST Papa John's store in the western half of the US. That not only means plenty of tipping customers, but also that the franchise owner practically has this store under a microscope. This is good because it means there are no POS coworkers here.

You know you've landed in with a fun bunch where one of your coworkers relieves stress by cracking jokes in a fair imitation of the voice of Mickey Mouse.
Doing OK here. My back is NOT happy today and I'm tired because I had to help paint the building at work yesterday. Today is going to be spent in relatively light stuff.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Still here.
If you're going to send someone to save the world, you might make sure they like it the way it is first.
Still here. My favorite work personality was ages ago, back when I was working phones at Dell Canada. There was one guy who was passingly fair at imitating famous people. The entire floor would be in stitches when "Sean Connery" or "William Shatner" took antimalware calls.
Still no change in my status, thank the Valar.

Decades ago, I nearly caused a military truck to drive into a deep ditch due to how hard the driver, as well as all the other troops aboard, laughed when I did Foghorn Leghorn's "Foahchunately, Ah keep mah feathuhs numbuhed fuh just such an emuhgency."
-----

F.O.G.E.Y.:  Fifties and Older Generation ... Enemies of the Young — the extremist wing of the Gray Panthers
Checking in, finally got more TP, got a switch lite, and I now know how little skill I have in Smash.

Animal Crossing is downloading. so there is that.
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
*taps the microphone*

Ah, yep, still here. Still doing 99.9% work from home (Being IT we occasionally have to send someone in to reboot a computer or take care of an issue that someone in upper admin decided couldn't wait. On the other hand we got direct instruction from our manager to use this as an excuse to mercilessly close support tickets that have been stuck like laptops that really should have just been written off due to lack of support contracts or third party spare parts). Rather than a specific return date (not even, "when the Governor rescinds the work from home order,") we'll get an update in a couple of weeks about whether we're continuing work from home or a two week warning of returning to the office (with provisions for those who have reasons to be cautious).

If there wasn't work and projects that have needed to be worked on I'd have gone stir crazy by now.
Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
What will be interesting is the companies who consider the work from home aesthetic they've had for the last couple months and decide to keep going this way.
There are plenty of jobs where that won't work, but a lot of paperwork? That can work for most of it.
(05-03-2020, 12:45 PM)Dragonflight Wrote: What will be interesting is the companies who consider the work from home aesthetic they've had for the last couple months and decide to keep going this way.

There would have to be great infrastructure investment on broadband to make that workable.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg