Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thread of Awesome: THIS! IS!! QUOTEFILE!!!
RE: Thread of Awesome: THIS! IS!! QUOTEFILE!!!
Pffft. Piping Old Man Henderson through Necron Lord?

I don't know if the universe will survive that. Big Grin
(04-10-2020, 06:16 PM)Norgarth Wrote: From a random story idea by Hiver on SB, in which he was SI'd into a Necron Lord.
After the ancient war between the Old Ones (and their creations, the ancestors of the Eldar and Orks among others) the SI is going into stais to sleep a few million years. the countdown for the stasis concludes and then:
I don't suppose you have a link for this?
(04-13-2020, 04:22 AM)itsune9tl Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 06:16 PM)Norgarth Wrote: From a random story idea by Hiver on SB, in which he was SI'd into a Necron Lord.
After the ancient war between the Old Ones (and their creations, the ancestors of the Eldar and Orks among others) the SI is going into stais to sleep a few million years. the countdown for the stasis concludes and then:
I don't suppose you have a link for this?
Here:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...t-66313829
It's not a full story, just an idea he had, though there's always the chance he'll expand on it in the future.
On SV, Baughn Wrote:Ask not what power can do for you, but what you can do for more power.

(from a discussion in the Worm/MSLN story thread Hybrid Hive: Eat Shard? where converting Mars into mana by way of e=mc^2 had just been suggested, followed by questioning what would even need that much power to cast)
--
‎noli esse culus
"Is there a school that you go to learn how to- to- talk like that?" Gil said plaintively.

"Actually, yes." Tarvek replied. "They're called 'deportment and elocution lessons' and pretty much every nobleman who can afford them pays for at least some for their children."

"THEN WHY DID MY FATHER NEVER BUY ME ANY?" Gil cried. "I don't like always saying the wrong thing!"

"Gil, your father is one of the most intelligent men alive but there is a reason his manual on workplace communication was anathematized by every major religious denomination in Europa." Agatha pointed out reasonably.

Prince of Time
Not exactly a fanfic quote, but so terribly true:

"Once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Just once was I ever at the controls of an aircraft in flight; I'm not even sure how long ago exactly but in junior high around sixth or seventh grade. It was as natural as breathing despite being a mess of updrafts and turbulence from being over hilly terrain on a windy autumn day, and all lesser modes of transportation are forever rendered drab and boring.

edit to add:
Quote:Fawkes trilled sadly as his second favorite human stopped blazing with Light.

"Don't give me that, you mcnugget." Harry chided and ruffled the firebird's chest feathers. "I'm all ears if you know how to control this, but I've got no interest in becoming some kind of magical berserker that will kill anything, fuck everything and can't think more than three seconds in advance."

Fawkes sang something that sounded remarkably like a shrug. He had no idea how the bird had managed to do that.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Harry muttered.

- Noodlehammer's For Love of Magic ch15

Edit again:
I should mention that FLoM is chock-full of NSFW sex scenes, and that Noodlehammer has a very... Darwinist ... take on gender issues and is happy to tell anyone who is offended by that to fuck off. Also, his Harry-in-name-only gets accidentallied to Westeros in the sequel and fits right in, which should probably tell you all you need to know about how his character arc goes from the quirky teen making the comment above.
--
‎noli esse culus
I don't recall whether this was posted when it was new, so better safe than sorry...

Quote:"Of course I'm going mad with power!" Gneisenau retorted. "Have you ever tried going mad without power? It's boring, no one listens to you."
-- More Things Involving Shipgirls That Are No Longer Allowed, Rule 3361
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
That line was also used in The Simpsons Movie
Been reading a RWBY/Pokemon story, where team RWBY has gone through a portal and ended up in the Pokemon world.  To get some cash Yang entered herself in a Fighting type Tournament.  Anyways the Lucario she fighting in the final round mentally referred to her as 'the grinning blondezerker' 8P
Boldores and Boomsticks has a lot of awesome moments and quotes.

Quote:Seeing the red R on each man’s chest, Ruby grinned in excitement. “Team Rocket! They’ve gotta be the ones who-” Ruby stopped. Her eyes narrowed as, through the scope, a Beowolf smashed through the human-sized door, scattering bricks out into the road.

“Yeah they’re the ones who. C’mon, Nox, let’s go save some bad guys from their own stupid. And also Grimm.”
Here's another from B&B:

“Scary… fairy tales. Mature… scary… fairy tales. Are you joking right now,” she stated, rather than asked, completely deadpan.

For once, Ruby merely looked annoyed at her partner, rather than apologetic or embarrassed. “Weiss, you do know that modern fairy tales are cleaned up, family-friendly versions of serious stories, right? If you look back at the original versions, from hundreds of years ago, they are seriously messed up. And stories about fairies were the most terrifying ones!”

The redhead shook her head, a wide smile returning to her face. “Don’t worry! I won’t let this stand! When we get back to Remnant, I’ll show them all to you! You won’t be able to sleep for a month!”
--
‎noli esse culus
I think this belongs instead in a crowning moment of funny thread.

Don't we have one of those around? I think it got buried because it was never stickied.
I don't remember; I'll have to go look.

ETA: We did, they were called "ROTFL", with various increments, but the last one was #5 and it reached 300 messages ten years ago, and apparently we never started a sixth.

They're in the Archive subforum if anyone wants to search for them, but I should warn you that the last message in the fifth ("MAO") thread has bad table markup that does something weird to the entire page it's on.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(08-18-2020, 07:54 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I don't remember; I'll have to go look.

ETA:  We did, they were called "ROTFL", with various increments, but the last one was #5 and it reached 300 messages ten years ago, and apparently we never started a sixth.

They're in the Archive subforum if anyone wants to search for them, but I should warn you that the last message in the fifth ("MAO") thread has bad table markup that does something weird to the entire page it's on.

Yeah, that'd be the crapatalk migration followed by Labster's Taparip.  There's not much to be done about that...

Except to start a new thread?
Since the last one was at 300 already, sure.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Through the Wormhole ch7 Wrote:The Vulcans were like the Canadians of the galaxy: Friendly, helpful, openly generous, and seemingly non-reactive to anyone and anything they met – outside a healthy bit of curiosity. They went along with their allies (Humans) but, in the end, they let others make the majority of policies while quietly trying to lend common sense to things. Just because they seemed the most non-offensive species, that didn't mean that they weren't superior in their own minds. Just like Canadians, they were visibly much more open to others and their foibles but were much more stringent in how they maintained their own basic social mores.

Huh. Space Canada located, I guess. Well, they do say as how deserts get cold at night... and Actual Canada is having trouble with the formerly white north defrosting and turning into mud or washing away as thee cold-loving plants die and leaving wastelands, apparently, sooo...

FFn link to the first chapter. Note that there is a completed sequel, and an abandoned third part as well. I can't strongly reccomend them based on what I've read so far, but it's amusing enough to keep reading at least.
--
‎noli esse culus
(08-27-2020, 03:56 PM)classicdrogn Wrote:
Through the Wormhole ch7 Wrote:The Vulcans were like the Canadians of the galaxy: Friendly, helpful, openly generous, and seemingly non-reactive to anyone and anything they met – outside a healthy bit of curiosity. They went along with their allies (Humans) but, in the end, they let others make the majority of policies while quietly trying to lend common sense to things. Just because they seemed the most non-offensive species, that didn't mean that they weren't superior in their own minds. Just like Canadians, they were visibly much more open to others and their foibles but were much more stringent in how they maintained their own basic social mores.

Huh. Space Canada located, I guess. Well, they do say as how deserts get cold at night... and Actual Canada is having trouble with the formerly white north defrosting and turning into mud or washing away as thee cold-loving plants die and leaving wastelands, apparently, sooo...

FFn link to the first chapter. Note that there is a completed sequel, and an abandoned third part as well. I can't strongly reccomend them based on what I've read so far, but it's amusing enough to keep reading at least.

And "Amok Time" shows that Vulcans are nasty fighters when pushed, too. So, yeah - Space Canadians.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
“And to all of you who both earned their spurs this day or will do so shortly,” I said, raising my gaze to sweep the cadets and stare down any looking at me in disbelief and making them flinch away. “If you have learned nothing else from me today, then I would ask you to learn this. A Battlemech, be it owned by your family or simply assigned to you by the AFFS, is an incredible thing for any Mechwarrior to be responsible for. But... if you are not enough without one... I can promise you that you will never, ever be enough with one.”
- This Was Easier on Tabletop
Another amusing quote from Boldores and Boomsticks  (RWBY/Pokemon)
Quote:“Your Semblance is that copycat thing, right?” Casey interrupted. “Where you make those shadowy clones?”

Yang snrked as she tried to restrain her sudden glee. “Copycat!” she gasped. “Oh my god how did I not notice that!”

Blake shot a glare at the violet-haired trainer. “Thank you, Casey,” she muttered. “I’ve been living in dread of the day Yang picked up on that coincidence.”

“Sorry…”

EDIT: sorry, didn't notice how screwy my copy/pastes were
(08-30-2020, 05:14 PM)Norgarth Wrote:
.jpg   I'll take your word for it.JPG (Size: 20.07 KB / Downloads: 245)

Does this work have a name?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(08-30-2020, 05:48 PM)robkelk Wrote: Does this work have a name?

The name was mentioned. I guess you are asking for the link ?

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...er.627805/

The initial line of Norgath's post showed to me as "Another amusing quote from Boldores and Boomsticks (RWBY/Pokemon)". No empty space after "from".
(08-30-2020, 05:48 PM)robkelk Wrote: Does this work have a name?
(08-30-2020, 07:13 PM)aku Wrote: The name was mentioned. I guess you are asking for the link ?

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...er.627805/

The initial line of Norgath's post showed to me as "Another amusing quote from Boldores and Boomsticks  (RWBY/Pokemon)". No empty space after "from".

Looking at the picture, it seems to me the forum formatting has eaten it. The light grey text on a white background is almost unreadable.
yeah, I went back and edited my post to remove most of the formatting, hadn't realized how hard it would be to read on the lighter board skins. Blush
Magic Academy Bully: (rushing in to deliver a beating) "There's no limit to your arrogance! I'm Golgorex, the firstborn of the Gillard household!"
Frey Blake: "I'm a magic missile."
Magic Academy Bully: (blown away) "Aaaah!"

- The Great Mage Returns After 4000 Years
Quote:As a way to kill time, I pulled off my hair scrunchie and sat it on the window sill.

I might as well get in some summoning practice while I wait. Okay so... I need to not try so hard. I have to pretend like I don't care that much if the scrunchie flies to my hand. I've got to be tsundere towards the scrunchie.

I don't really care if you come to me or not sempai. It doesn't matter to me.

“Accio scrunchie!” I called out.

The scrunchie wiggled a little bit.

My shoulders slumped.

I didn't really want you anyway, scrunchie baka.

- What's Her Name in HufflePuff (Potter SI).
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...t-71141086
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.