Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II
New wiki category: "good cooks"

I've added Aoi Sakuraba, Belldandy, Mahoro Ando, Makoto Kino, and Sasami Masaki. Did I miss anyone?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Kasumi Tendo? (Not sure if the Wrecking Crew have shown up in story yet)
Shinji Ikari is fanonically a great cook in Evangelion, to the point that Anno and co. said "sure why not?" and made him one in the movies. Which I guess means, yeah, if you want him to be.

EDIT: Ui Hirasawa.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I believe Hayate Yagami qualifies. The whole "Entire Family Died So Now I'm An Orphan" thing going on.
Added them all to the list.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
What about Taeko Minazuki? I like chocolate, we all like chocolate, right?

I'm not sure how good a cook Chiyo is, but she does have a "Cooking is so fun" song.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Chiyo-chan makes her own school lunches, too.

Taeko... hmmmmm... she did need to use Aoi's cookbook in order to impress Miyabi enough to be hired... I'll have to ponder this.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
New wiki page that's long overdue. Have at it, folks.

The only content on it so far, other than the obvious, is: "She has also managed to get Sakura Kinomoto to distrust her, which takes a special kind of talent."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-05-2021, 07:50 PM)robkelk Wrote: Of course, after I identify my share of the pages that need to be fleshed out, [snip]

Oh, silly me, thinking that the pages I needed to work on were all connected to the residence that my SI manages.

And completely ignoring the "NPC residence" pages, many of which list characters that I requested in the first place.

So... my list of pages has just tripled in size.

Which means I've had to sort the pages by how soon they're needed:
  1. I need now
  2. others need now
  3. I need midway through what's left of Arc 1
  4. others need midway through what's left of Arc 1
  5. I need before the end of Arc 1 (specifically, The Academy City Job)
  6. others need before the end of Arc 1
  7. I need for Arc 2
  8. others need for Arc 2
  9. nice to have

My priority 1 list has 14 pages remaining... including the pages that I know are going to be ridiculously long for Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
<sigh> I don't really want to create a GitHub account just to request one feature on a plugin... Does anybody else here already have a GitHub account?

The request can be made at https://github.com/ProfessionalWiki/Maps/issues - but only if you have a GitHub account.

The feature request is "Add the option to display a map scale in the lower-left corner of Leaflet maps"

And the actual request is:

According to the official documentation, the functionality to display a map scale already exists in Leaflet: https://leafletjs.com/reference.html#control-scale

Please add an option to display a map scale to Leaflet maps displayed by the Maps extension.

If this option already exists, please update the documentation to describe how to activate it.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I can do it. Wait one...

...and done.

https://github.com/ProfessionalWiki/Maps/issues/674

EDIT: As to why do I have a GH account even though I don't program? Let's just say it's a favorite for Modders on Oxygen Not Included because Steam screws up mods so much...
Thanks!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
With displacees continuing to appear after September 2016, I'm beginning to regret hardcoding "as of September 2016" into the age field of the displacee infobox.

Anybody mind if I add "Birth Date on the character's Metacontinuity ID", and if that's present suppress display of "Birthday" and "Age"? There'll be some short-term pain as the current infoboxes are updated, but long-term gain in that we won't have to keep updating the infoboxes as characters get older.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Sounds like a good idea to me. This is part of why we aren't really pushing to "publish" just yet - we still have a lot of kinks like these to work out.
I did the canon description and powers for Arf's wiki page before I remembered that she isn't one of my characters in the Metacontinuity. Ah, well - the work's done, so it would be a shame to waste it.

Her "Changes in the Metacontinuity", "In-Universe Power-Ups", and "Relationships" sections still need to be completed.

Which raises a question: What does Arf think of Ben? She and Fate have a mental link, but they certainly didn't have the same opinion of Precia...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
This is a shortcoming on my part as a writer.  I should be doing a lot more scene where Benjamin and Arf are interacting, and I need to fix that.

Arf would be wary of Benjamin at first.  After all, Fate is so very vulnerable at this time.  While she does need all the acceptance, love, and validation she can get, she can also be easily lured into another abusive relationship.

But Arf will get thrown for a loop right away when, after Nanoha and Fate initially confess their feelings, she tells Benjamin in no uncertaain terms that she will be watching him every moment he's with the two girls...  and then Benjamin goes, "Oh thank you!  God, yes, please watch after us.  I don't want anyone trying to say I'm doing something to them."

Arf's mind is kinda blown by this.  It's not what she was expecting at all... but she accepts that anyhow.  And over the next few weeks, this is all born out - particularly during the events Love the Grief Seed volume one where Ben makes Alicia's resurrection actually happen.  And only because he couldn't bear to see Fate suffer again like that.

And then she heard the thing where Ben said that, even if it meant that they never even knew of his existence, that he'd be willing to die for the sake of Fate's happiness.

That was a level of love that she thought only a Familiar was capable of. And Benjamin wasn't anyone's Familiar in any sense.

From that point on, Arf knew that she could trust in Benjamin to not hurt Fate. Instead, she only worried about making sure he survives whatever may come their way.
I dunno about cooking in general but, at least in fanon, Willow Rosenberg is supposed to be at least competent at baking desserts, especially cookies. Actually, considering how notably absent her parental units are, she might be a competent cook generally.
(11-21-2021, 02:12 PM)robkelk Wrote: <sigh> I don't really want to create a GitHub account just to request one feature on a plugin... Does anybody else here already have a GitHub account?

The request can be made at https://github.com/ProfessionalWiki/Maps/issues - but only if you have a GitHub account.

The feature request is "Add the option to display a map scale in the lower-left corner of Leaflet maps"

And the actual request is:

According to the official documentation, the functionality to display a map scale already exists in Leaflet: https://leafletjs.com/reference.html#control-scale

Please add an option to display a map scale to Leaflet maps displayed by the Maps extension.

If this option already exists, please update the documentation to describe how to activate it.

(11-21-2021, 04:26 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: I can do it.  Wait one...

...and done.

https://github.com/ProfessionalWiki/Maps/issues/674

EDIT: As to why do I have a GH account even though I don't program?  Let's just say it's a favorite for Modders on Oxygen Not Included because Steam screws up mods so much...

(11-21-2021, 05:15 PM)robkelk Wrote: Thanks!

Just checked to see if there's been any word on this yet.  Nothing so far, but with it being the holidays I'd give it as long as a month, maybe even two, before we see any kind of acknowledgement.
This took me a few minutes, even with Wikipedia doing much of the heavy lifting... Sailor Moon now has a completed character page on our wiki.

I hope that it's enough to at least give Dartz an idea of who the character is.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(11-12-2021, 10:15 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 07:50 PM)robkelk Wrote: Of course, after I identify my share of the pages that need to be fleshed out, [snip]

Oh, silly me, thinking that the pages I needed to work on were all connected to the residence that my SI manages.

And completely ignoring the "NPC residence" pages, many of which list characters that I requested in the first place.

So... my list of pages has just tripled in size.

Which means I've had to sort the pages by how soon they're needed:
  1. I need now
  2. others need now
  3. I need midway through what's left of Arc 1
  4. others need midway through what's left of Arc 1
  5. I need before the end of Arc 1 (specifically, The Academy City Job)
  6. others need before the end of Arc 1
  7. I need for Arc 2
  8. others need for Arc 2
  9. nice to have

My priority 1 list has 14 pages remaining... including the pages that I know are going to be ridiculously long for Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus

The pages for Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus are done now - as are the pages for all of the Sailor Team in residence at Blossom.

My priority 1 list is down to two pages now, each of which is three-quarters done.

(My priority 8 list is completely empty. I'm not doing these in any discernible order Smile )

I think all of these are completed now, so I'm roughly at the halfway point as far as done/not-done is concerned. (I'm much farther along the actual work list, considering that every page on the list except for four that we won't need before Arc 2 has at least a statbox and a list of in-universe power-ups.) This isn't the complete list of completed pages, just the list of pages that I completed since starting this project.
  • Accelerator
  • Akane Tendo
  • Akemi Zimmerman
  • Ami Mizuno
  • Amy Limietta
  • Aria Lieze
  • Artemis
  • Chitose Hibiya
  • Chrono Harlaown
  • Diana
  • Febrie
  • Frenda Seivelun
  • Gil Graham
  • Gurio Umino‏‎
  • Haruka Ten'oh
  • Hideki Motosuwa
  • Hyoga Kazakiri
  • Index Librorum Prohibitorum
  • Janie
  • Kazari Uiharu
  • Kokono Misaka
  • Kuroko Shirai
  • Lindy Harlaown
  • Lotte Lieze
  • Luna
  • Mahoro Ando
  • Maika Tsuchimikado
  • Makoto Kino
  • Mamoru Chiba
  • Michiru Kaioh
  • Mii Konori
  • Mikoto Misaka
  • Mimi Hanyu
  • Minako Aino
  • Minato Hokaze
  • Misaka Misaka
  • Mitsuko Kongo
  • Nana Misaka
  • Naru Osaka
  • Niiko Misaka
  • Rei Hino
  • Rei Misaka
  • Rikou Takitsubo
  • Ririka
  • Ruiko Saten
  • Shinobu Nunotaba
  • Touma Kamijo
  • Ukyo Kuonji
  • Usagi Chiba
  • Usagi Tsukino
  • Yuuno Scrya

And a few spoiler pages
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yay! There's a Ranma wiki with a CC-BY-SA license! I can finish off a dozen pages by using copy-and-paste!

(a half-hour later)

Sigh... nobody loves Kasumi enough to give her more than a stub page...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
What a shame. Even flanderized anime Kasumi is complex enough to surprise people all the way to the end of the series.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And curiosity about the new pages led to me rereading the Douglass Garden Sessions and wondering if Michiru would feel comfortable covering any Lindsey Stirling tracks...
-- Bob

(12-02-2021, 08:20 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: What a shame.  Even flanderized anime Kasumi is complex enough to surprise people all the way to the end of the series.

Yeah. I'm hoping the writeup I gave her on our wiki, as short as it may be, shows something of her actual character.

(12-02-2021, 08:56 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: And curiosity about the new pages led to me rereading the Douglass Garden Sessions and wondering if Michiru would feel comfortable covering any Lindsey Stirling tracks...

Good question. Michiru seems to me to be more of a "classical" violinist (term in quotes because she doesn't confine herself to classical in the anime)... but Mikoto might be interested in Lindsey Stirling's work. It might be time to redistribute the pieces on the list.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Note to either self or Labster, whoever has time to do it first: We need to import "Template:Date table sorting" and its prerequisites from Wikipedia to our wiki.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown