Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tentative test CYOA thread
RE: Tentative test CYOA thread
(05-28-2022, 08:33 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: I certainly do, I'm just saying that my response would be "It's your story, tell it the way you want. If being too OP makes it hard to build dramatic tension, you'll know exactly who to complain to." (Or "my story"/"I'll know," from the other end.)

And if they later think the person to complain to is me, I can just repeat the first sentence Wink

Point. I might paraphrase that in the future if the questions get too intense.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE - God (Douglas Adams)
Well, discussing things is fun too - or at least, I certainly found our back and forth here fun, and hope you did also. Sometimes that reaches a limit, though.
--
‎noli esse culus
Again, point. And yeah, I enjoy discussing CYOAs, and rarely get to discuss it from the planning perspective, so I’ve enjoyed that too.

EDIT: Oh my Gaaaaahd the guy has twice as many follow up questions. Still, if he’s invested enough to ask questions then it’s a compliment.

I’ll be a while.
Okay.

So I want to crank out one more before I stick my head back in the ground for a while. I generally start with the powers, and find songs to fit to them.

So this time, I want at least these powers

Go into Books/fiction the same way as the previous film/game powers. Wrapped Up In Books by Belle And Sebastian maybe?

A life-extender power that ain’t immortality, just a hefty boost. Hopefully for you and your loved ones, or maybe just random people over the world. All I got so far is ‘Forever Young’, which I don’t think fits.

Something about a Hoard, like the more wealth or material power you have, the more metaphysical power you have. No ideas.

An iventory/hammerspace power. No ideas.

A crafting/magical items power - Lord Of The Blacksmiths by Falconer

A minor illusion/projection power. Do Ya Wanna Taste It by Wig Wam (will have a sidebar about how it doesn’t summon Peacemaker.

Thunder Road for a portal/teleport power?

Something to do with the moon. Be it tying your power to it, or drawing new powers from the phases…. I dunno. I just want moon powers. And nothing to do with the Senshi.

That’s all the little brainstorming I’ve done so far. Any suggestions? For songs or powers?
(05-29-2022, 01:46 PM)David Lewis Wrote: Something to do with the moon. Be it tying your power to it, or drawing new powers from the phases…. I dunno. I just want moon powers. And nothing to do with the Senshi.

Drink Down the Moon, by Charles de Lint, offers a possibility. Dance under the light of the full moon (outside, not through a window), for the entire night of the full moon, and you "drink down the moon", gaining its luck until the next full moon. But the dance needs to be lead (not accompanied, actually lead in the dance) by somebody who plays the songs that you dance to, knowing that you're intending to drink down the moon, and who does this knowingly and willingly and voluntarily without recompense of any kind and not under the effect of any magic at all... which means you need to be on good terms with a musician who's able to play while dancing (which lets out pianists, harpists, and such) and is willing and able to play for you for an entire night - sundown to sunup - for free. The musician can lead the dance for as many people as can hear the music, and everyone in the group who dances for the entire night drinks down the moon's luck.

Of course, this means you have to be well-rested and in top physical shape. No "five minute break every hour" the way Guinness lets you take when trying to set a world record; you have to dance all night. And the musician has to be just as rested and healthy in order to play all night, too.

This also means no waltzes or line-dances or other dances where you can lean on somebody else in the last hour - the musician can't hold a partner and play an instrument at the same time.

As many of Lindsey Stirling's music videos show, fiddlers make excellent dance leaders for this sort of dancing.

Cloudy or stormy night with no moonlight visible? Lunar eclipse cuts off the moonlight for a few minutes partway through the night? Too bad - no luck for you that month. (Or, if you're a charitable game master, a pro-rated reduced amount of luck.)

Can't suggest a song for this, though. EDIT: Well, maybe... "I Want To Rock and Roll All Night" by KISS, or "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra? Neither is a great match, but thematically they aren't completely wrong either.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Interesting, but I already have a much simpler luck power in another Edition, so I think this one is a miss. Very cool concept though, and will check out the song later.

Maybe a ‘tie your power levels to the phases of the moon’ deal? Like during the full moon you’ll be at 200% Plus Ultra, but at the new moon you’ll be completely mortal powerless level. 

Hmmmm. Needs something.
Quote:A life-extender power that ain’t immortality, just a hefty boost. Hopefully for you and your loved ones, or maybe just random people over the world. All I got so far is ‘Forever Young’, which I don’t think fits.

how's this? Tongue
Well, I suppose I brought it on myself ?

I think invoking GLaDOS is NEVER a good idea.

Well played though.
not-quite immortality: Despite the title, Immortal by Marina and the Diamonds

Quote: The only thing that doesn't die is love

The limit on the effect is that you're only ageless while loved by someone you love, romantically. It affects all of you equally, so you don't have to leave your love(s) to suffer your loss or be left to an eternity of loneliness yourself, and it's not like you'll fall over dead in case of an accident or enemy action (or just life experiences that lead you apart, for that matter) either, just resume aging normally until and unless your heart finds room for another, but it does need to be sincere on both your and your partner(s) parts.

Alternately, any number of "rock and roll will never die" songs could probably do the trick.

Inventory system: Box In My Head by Blue Oyster Cult

Max volume around two (edit: Maybe as much as three? Depends on what you count as typical ceiling height for a meter-square floor space. I'd call it two and a half to split the difference, but that feels awkward compared to a round number) cubic meters, like a medium sized closet or one of those "coffin hotel" slots. No max weight except that whatever is to be stored or retrieved has to be moved into or out of the space physically, whether by picking it up by hand, sliding it, or on a cart or dolly of some kind, etc. No opening holes under things and letting them fall in or out, no portal cuts. Liquid on one side of the portal will be contained for a few seconds before starting to slowly dribble through like soaking through thick, tightly woven cloth.

Preserves the contents in exactly the state they were put inside unless there are (visible to the naked eye) living things included. If there are, they will find it to have a cool but not chilly environment with normal atmosphere (which stays fresh) and gravity etc., and plain off-white walls that feel like bone but are completely invulnerable and merely register as an end to the observable space to any means of measurement or detection. The shape of the interior can vary to fit what the user wants to store, but will not allow crushing an object or binding a creature so tightly it cannot at least lie flat and turn around, and the space cannot be divided into disconnected compartments unless other containers or walls are inserted.

Creatures intelligent enough to understand being trapped can leave at any time. The user can leave a small opening that will move with them, or project what they see and hear into the space to amuse whatever may be inside. The user has a sense of how full the space is, but no details of anything else that may be happening inside unless they use a normal portal to observe it. The user and maybe a companion can enter if there isn't much else stored and they're very friendly, but doing so means an opening at least as big around as the user's face will be left open, which must be part of where the full-sized portal was when entered and cannot be moved until at least the user exits, though it can be covered up from inside. If blocked from the outside, a new exit will form that is unobstructed when the user (or anyone with them) want to leave, as usual.

Other "bigger on the inside" devices like a Portable Hole, Bag of Holding, or TARDIS can be placed in the space without issue so long as their outside physically fits and vice versa, should you be so lucky as to find one or get caught up in the Doctor's adventures.

This is probably more detail than you'd want to try to fit into any one option, but it kept on flowing and given the previous discussion of redditors and their rules-lawyering ... Wink

Moon/crafting: MoonQuest by Yogscast's Lewis & Simon (the Diggy Diggy Hole guys)

"You'll never know if you don't try"

Allows any one project (within XX_LIMITS, probably "per person" due to the "got my friends right by my side" line) that the user devotes the majority of each day to working on to be completed in a single lunar month. Truly complex goals may need to be divided into several stages, such as basic ballistics and rocketry research, building support infrastructure for materials and facilities, several prototypes and test models, and of course obtaining political support or at least permission for it all, or ways to keep such a megaproject concealed, before actually resulting in a successful round trip to the moon. Yes, the limitations are probably going to be the majority of the text for this one, even more so than Box In My Head, but it was honestly the very first thing to come to mind with the combined request.

So you don't like GlaDOS's song? How about this one instead? Much less user-hostile! Angel

Otherwise... I have the irritating feeling that I know of a perfect song for portal/teleport shenanigans, but can't even think of a fragment of the tune, let alone a title or searchable lyrics. I'll let you know if it comes to me...

edit: Also, I don't have a power for it, but I just have to share The 8-Bit Big Band's Bond-style version of Snake Eater from Metal Gear Solid 3:

It's a better Bond theme than quite a few actual Bond themes!
--
‎noli esse culus
It's a great moon song, no power suggestion though:

Lunatic (possibly a cover?) by Throat Culture
--
‎noli esse culus
(05-30-2022, 07:49 AM)David Lewis Wrote: Well, I suppose I brought it on myself ?

I think invoking GLaDOS is NEVER a good idea.

Well played though.
Big Grin Big Grin

a couple more serious ideas:
for the Hoard power: Queen's I Want it All

And for a possible new power; choosing this song means you exist with Toon physics.  run over by a truck or have something heavy fall on you, you end up temporarily flattened, but you recover fine.  You can run across thin air as long as you don't look down.  Wild takes when surprised, etc
Inventory system: Box In My Head by Blue Oyster Cult

Cartoon physics - Cartoon Heroes by Aqua

YOINK

Will explore the others later, gotta sleep now.
Hm, well, I think Box In My Head for inventory is better (and a better song) than BOC's Secret Road for (tele)port(al)ing, but it could kinda work if you don't mind doubling up on the source. Same album, even.

Quote: If you're aware enough to choose, there's a secret road for you

It's not satisfying the itch I had about it before, though, so there's probably still something (that my subconscious mind thinks is) better. Queen's Now I'm Here is closer, I think, but still not quite ringing true. Man, this is going to bother me.
--
‎noli esse culus
A few more while I've been looking for that damn portal song:

Unkillable Soldier by Sabaton would do well for the "can only die of old age" sort of immortality, but I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what you were going for.

Twilight Zone by Golden Earring is another (wrong) possible portal song

The Ecstacy of Gold (Metallica performance) by Ennio Morricone for The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly OST might be a hoard power possibility

Gaaaah. I still haven't found what I'm looking for...
--
‎noli esse culus
It's a little on the nose, but this will probably be the one.

Also thinking about Castles In The Sky to get a power to give you... a castle in the sky. 

That's roughly six powers now? Gotta actually start writing out power text, but it's the Queen's Jubilee weekend here, and that means my job (pharmacy) is going to be hell on earth. Will hopefully scratch something out and review the previous suggestions by Friday.
Anther idea:
Limelight by Rush: You're a celebrity, with everything that comes with it. Fame, fortune, the unblinking attention of the media.

Might want to choose what you're famous for ahead of time, else you might find your fame in the styles of Paris Hilton, OJ Simpson/Carol Baskin, or some other less than flattering reason
Right, came home after a shitty day at work and went on a binge-type. Now have 13 of the fifteen chosen (albeit not FINALISED) and the text for five or so of them in alpha.

Dragon’s Hoard - Zandelle - Filling The Heartland With Fear (power increase/weakness tied to specific collections/hoard)

Wrapped Up In Books - Belle And Sebastian - Our Inclinations Are Hidden In Books (enter into fiction/comics power with usual limits)

Box In My Head - Blue Oyster Cult - And Inside Is A Box, Another Box Within (inventory)
This one gives you access to your own extra-dimensional magical Inventory (88,000 cubic feet in size - or roughly the size of an Olympic swimming pool) that you can use to store pretty much anything, and then later summon it into your hands at will. You maintain a perfect record in your head of what you have stored there, and it is always stored safely. A few provisos! First, no living creatures or beings - including you - can be stored in the inventory (but food is allowed), and you have to be able to lift and hold the object with your own hands. So while say, camping equipment would be fine, a car would not. Anything stored in your inventory is effectively ‘frozen’ in time until re-summoned, so if you threw a fresh-cooked meal in there for ten years before re-summoning it, it’d still be as fresh and warm as we it went in. You have to touch an object to store it, but can make it appear out of thin air anywhere in your field of vision when re-summoning it. With force, if you so choose. Not exactly heart-pounding stuff, but the utility is unsurpassed.

Father And Son - Cat Stevens - You’re Still Young, That’s Your Fault (you’re only as old as you feel? Exact limits/wording to be finalised)

We Built This City - Jefferson Starship - On Rock And Roll
You gain the power to magically create and/or fix city infrastructure, and home repair, creation and/or management skills. You gain the ability to conure and repair household items or more complex infrastructure magically. Create simple household items like a set of cutlery or furniture once a day. Create more complex items like appliances once a week. Create more powerful things, like the the wiring and electronics for a whole house once a month. Create a whole small home (and all its contents) once every six months. And once a year you can create a large scale project magically, like a small housing estate, or a subway system for a town or city. This also works for things like landscaping and industrial buildings at a proportional rate/time. Things will Just Work, and be government approved. The objects are real and permanent, but cannot be sold for direct monetary gain to yourself, otherwise they’ll vanish. If you don’t use the power regularly, you can store it up for later use as and when you want, like saving up for ten years to create an island town from thin air, ready to be filled filled with residents. Use your power for your own comfort and convenience, or for charitable causes - it’s up to you.

MoonQuest - Yogscast - Like A Rocket Inside
(You gain healing/power from direct moonlight, with the amount/rate tied to the phases)

Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper - I Will Be Waiting (invoke a Groundhog Day timeloop once a year)

Welcome To The Machine - Pink Floyd - You’ve Been In The Pipeline (operate machinery with mind)

Cartoon Heroes - Aqua - Welcome To The Toon-Town Party
So you a fan of the Golden Age of cartoons, buddy? I’m taking the pioneers. Tom and Jerry, Buggs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Wyle E. Coyote, et all? They were before my time, but man, I love those toons. And the world they lived in obviously worked on different rules to ours - I might be able to help you imitate a bit of those rules. Choosing this song means you have a defensive aura of ‘Toon’ physics. If you’re run over by a truck or have something heavy fall on you, you end up temporarily flattened, but you recover fine so long as you can re-inflate yourself. You can run across thin air as long as you don't look down. Your eyes might literally bug out of your head when you’re surprised, etc. Whilst you might think this makes you all-powerful, that’s not exactly accurate. For one thing, you can only distort the laws of physics around you for so long before they strike back - with a vengeance. The more your power alters physics in quick succession, the proportionately lesser effects it can protect you from. If it activates few times an hour you’d probably be fine, but more then that, and you become vulnerable - and potentially fatally so if you push it.

Castles In The Sky - Ivan Van Dahl - Do You Ever Wonder Why? (Ownership of a castle… in the sky)

One More Time - Daft Punk - You Don’t Stop - So, we’ve all made choices we regret in life. It’s only human. So I want to give you the option of a do-over, if you want. Take this, and once a year, you can re-pick your choices from this or any other Selection/Edition. You can repeat this re-choosing once every new year until eternity if you so choose, so long as this option is always one of your choices. The second a rotation comes when you don’t take it, that’s it. You’re locked with those choices forevermore.
Since there’s a bit of space left, so let’s have a limerick.

There once was a farmer from Leeds
Who swallowed a packet of seeds
Within half and hour
His balls were a flower
And his p***s was covered with weeds

Wandering Eye - Savlonic - I Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
This one is a kind of two-tired clairvoyance. First level - you can mentally project your vision away from your body, allowing you to float away and explore like a ghost up to a three mile radius, in a kind of astral projection - like activating ‘free-cam’ on reality. You snap back your body at will, or if anything startles you enough. Second level - a minor form of precognition, allowing you to (with intense concentration) see up to ten seconds into the future. Why is this useful? Because it auto-activates in dangerous circumstances, like combat. You can tell your opponents moves before they make them, helping you get the edge over a more experienced or motivated opponent. However, like all the powers here, this does not make your invincible. For one thing, being able to see something about to happen means Jack if you aren’t able to stop or avoid it. Also using this power to excess with cause headaches - which can quickly spiral into debilitating migraines if you’re not careful. Like, throw up and wet your pants level. Keep it to a few times a day, and you’ll be golden, though. And hell, I’ll throw in x-ray vision to the package, why not.

Do you really wanna taste it - Wig Wam - Throw Your Dog The Invisible Bone - Hmm? No, this won’t let you summon Peacemaker. (That show kicks ass though. Who knew John Cena could act? Damn!) This allows you to generate illusions and holograms within your line of sight. You can create the image of objects, creatures, or some other visible phenomenon, as long as the total space used is no larger than a 20-foot square cube. The image appears at a spot that you can see within range and lasts for as long as you maintain concentration on it. You can move and alter it in real-time if you want, or leave it static. It is not solid, and does not give off heat, sound or smell, it’s purely a visual effect, but it can be as complex as you want. Make someone think there’s a hole in the floor! Or cover up one that is already there! Make a decoy of yourself, make a ghost appear, use your imagination! The potential for shenanigans is vast indeed! Note - ‘In your eye-line’ does not include things viewed over screens or through binoculars or cameras or such - you have to actually see it with your eyes.

So six typed and seven to expand, plus three more power songs needed.

Suggestions/advice welcome!
Of course Cena can act, it's a major part of pro-wrestling, especially if you want to be one of the big names. It's part of why so many wrestlers have starred in movies over the years (Cena, The Rock, Hogan, Roddy Piper, Triple H, Stone Cold, etc)
(06-01-2022, 10:11 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Of course Cena can act, it's a major part of pro-wrestling, especially if you want to be one of the big names.  It's part of why so many wrestlers have starred in movies over the years (Cena, The Rock, Hogan, Roddy Piper, Triple H, Stone Cold, etc)

Yeah I’m well aware, but The Owner isn’t. And I wanted to make a crappy peacemaker reference given I’m using the theme song.
Two more done.

Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper - I Will Be Waiting
So you ever seen the film ’Groundhog Day’? It struck me as a pretty sweet setup if it wasn’t for the, y’know, existential torment. So let’s let you have a better version. You now gain the ability to, once a year, invoke a time loop on any day in that year you have - or are currently - living through. The standard time loop rules apply. Time will reset exactly twenty four hours after a point you choose. When this happens, anything and everything will be reset to as it was at the start, no matter what has happened. You could die horribly in the first five minutes of the loop, and you’ll wake up when it resets in the exact state you were at the start. You could meet and fall in love with a complete stranger, and when the twenty four  hours are up, they’ll have no memory of you again. loops will last for as long as you want, from a single repeat to theoretically infinite. Merely repeat a good day and then drop the loop, or live for centuries if you want. Only you retain knowledge and memories of what happen in the loop, allowing you to pic and choose what actions you want to take. Live out your weirdest whims and fantasies.

Castles In The Sky - Ivan Van Dahl - Do You Ever Wonder Why?
So a few of the options you’ve had access to from my shop are built around homes or land. Let’s kick it up a notch this time, shall we? If you take this one, you get magical ownership over a floating castle. The castle is only partially anchored in this dimension, making appear invisible and is intangible to all but you and those you choose to see it - so no problems with radar, airplanes or birds, they magically pass through unharmed. The castle is a sprawling, opulent affair inside, like a Disney fan-artists wet dream. It has a dining hall, ballroom, cellars and towers - and can be controlled from the throne room. You can pick and choose where the castle floats, and what altitude it maintains. You can teleport to and from the castle via activating a magical ring that will appear under your pillow the next time you sleep (it’s indestructible and will always return to you if lost). The castle has a set of mindless ghostly spirits that do things like maintain the grounds and follow basic orders. It also gets free water, electricity and Wi-Fi, but any/all appliances and technology will have to be brought up by you. This one’s great if you want to feel like royalty, but are you sure you want all that empty space? Might get lonely, after a while.
(06-01-2022, 09:55 PM)David Lewis Wrote: ...
This one is a kind of two-tired clairvoyance. ...

If it's two-tired, it needs to get some rest. Smile

I think you meant two-tiered.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(06-03-2022, 09:33 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 09:55 PM)David Lewis Wrote: ...
This one is a kind of two-tired clairvoyance. ...

If it's two-tired, it needs to get some rest. Smile

I think you meant two-tiered.

Hmmmmm. I wonder how that got through spell-check. Besides, y'know, my own ineptitude. Thanks, will fix in final form.
Having just googled for a quick check, it's Ian Van Dahl, not Ivan.

I don't have any more suggestions for you, having been playing LEGO Star Wars games (Complete Saga a bit, then the new Complete Saga Plus Shitty Fanfic edition despite how badly they fucked it up - which is a whole rant in itself, but the short version is that the maps are big empty worlds with about four repeating deco objects each to blow up for cash, very little else destructible and maybe a switch or two to build, normal play is now a swoopy chase-cam instead of dollying along with you from cinematic angles, and flight has been made simulator style instead of the mostly-planar free for all with a distant camera perfected in LSW2 so it's a hassle instead of fun. Verdict: Visually spectacular, but watch the YouTube videos instead of buying it, and make sure they have Mumble Mode turned on so you can ignore the shitty fanfic for the last third) so the only music I've heard is loop edits of the film scores. Today I'm taking a break for mental health and to let my hands recover, but that means I'll be catching up on various forum threads with my existing playlist in the background on, not listening with intent or exploring new music.
--
‎noli esse culus
Got the wording done for two more.

Dragon’s Hoard - Zandelle - Filling The Heartland With Fear
So you know how in legends and stories, dragons often have hidden hoards of wealth or magical items? Turns out there’s a valid reason for that (other then the ones who are just greedy). Hoards are extensions of dragons’ inherently magical nature—resonators that focus their power and link them to the background magic of reality, and this energy is amplified by their possession of material things. In practical terms, this means dragons’ power is related to both age and the size of their hoards in ways that clever dragons—and would-be dragonslayers—can exploit. Take this, and you’ll get a lesser form of this ability. But you also get the weakness - Because dragons’ power is linked to treasure, it’s possible to weaken a dragon by plundering the dragon’s lair. By gaining access to a hoard and making off with a significant portion of that wealth, people can diminish the dragon’s connection to both that lair and its associated territory. Be warned. Also, your hoard can be something other then money, like dice, anime figurines, board games - whatevs. And you can have more then one hoard - but don’t try and overdo it and make yourself weaker then when you started. But the possible gains….

Welcome To The Machine - Pink Floyd - You’ve Been In The Pipeline
Taking this one will let you mentally operate machinery within a 30ft/9 meter radius with your mind. You can use this to turn off the lights, or switch on the tv and start Netflix, to things as complex as asking your computer to code and program a video game for you - though obviously this will take a while. Hell, even take over an air control tower’s transmissions and radar if you want! P.s. For gods sake, DO NOT DO THAT. In this modern high-tech world, the possibilities are vast indeed. The provisos - just because you can command a machine doesn’t guarantee the results will be perfect, like the above coding example will probably need some heavy editing. Also, you need to be very clear with your commands to avoid…. Incidents. And using this power on a machine doesn’t ‘enhance’ or boost it above its usual functions. You can’t make a regular freezer into a cryo-gun or anything. As a minor bonus to this power, I’ll say that all your personal tech and machinery is guaranteed to work at peak efficiency for an potentially unlimited lifespan - at least while you still own it, anyway.

Still two or three powers needed, and got to finish writing the rest I’ve already chosen. Been thinking about the Limelight suggestion - how might the power work?
Two more

Wrapped Up In Books - Belle And Sebastian - Our Inclinations Are Hidden In Books
You know when people say stuff like ‘reading a good book can transport you to another world’? Let’s make that a reality! You can now jump into any book/novel (including graphic novels and manga and such) and live out the story as if it was real life, either as a new character, or by assuming the form of a canonical one. Travel the sands of Dune, swoon in a regency romance, fight horrors in a Stephen King novel, hell, hang out with the Justice League or Avengers - the possibilities are vast. (Plus I’ve got two words for you boss. Fan. Fiction.) The usual provisos of one of my ‘another world’ powers apply, meaning you can take nothing but memories out of the world when you exit it. No powers, no allies, no non-real world knowledge/skills, zilch. Just the experiences you’ve had. Time is wibbly-wobbly in the books, meaning if a book would take five hours to read, but would cover fifty years ‘in-universe’ then you can live the full fifty and when you come out only the five hours would have passed, and you’ll only have aged the five hours despite living decades worth of time. As a bonus, you can telekinetically control books and paper in a 30ft/9meter radius around you.

MoonQuest - Yogscast - Like A Rocket Inside
Ah, the moon. Dunno about you, but I’ve always been more of a creature of the night then the daylight hours. We don’t see much moonlight down here, but when we do, man it’s beautiful. And powerful. You wanna slice of that energy? Taking this grants you a magical connection to the moon, allowing you to gain energy from direct moonlight. Being under direct moonlight (and yes, that means no clouds or ceilings in the way) will near-instantly refresh and energise you as if you’d had a long rest and a excellent nutritional meal. Even if you’re dangerously exhausted, the light will soothe you within minutes. This even extends as far as restoring any magical or supernatural abilities you have, and healing any physical wounds like you’re Deadpool or Wolverine or something. During the three nights of the full moon, you may even be able to break the limits of certain powers you have, or act with above-human speed and strength, even if you have no enhancements normally. The downside is that during the three days of the new moon, this effect is completely nullified, meaning you’re left on your own - so try not to get caught out.