Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dearly Departed of 2023
RE: Dearly Departed of 2023
Indeed. My father passed away over fourteen years ago, and I still have my own moments.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
When my dad died, the sight of fruit juice for sale in a supermarket was enough to make me cry.
Michael Gambon, the second actor to play Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films, has passed away at 82.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm sorry for your loss.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Tim Wakefield, Red Sox Knuckleball Pitcher, apart of the "Curse" busting World Series 2004 squad, died from Brain Cancer at age 57
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
The original Lois Lane from Adventures of Superman has passed on:

Phyllis Coates, TV's first Lois Lane in Superman, dies aged 96 (msn.com)
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
Suzanne Somers died on 10/15/2023, one day short of her 77th birthday of breast cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/15/entertain...index.html
Burt Young, "Paulie" from Rocky, age 83
-- Bob

RIP Richard Roundtree, the first Black big action star.

Cancer, age 81.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Richard Moll passed away at age 80 

He played Bull Shannon in Night Court and was the voice of Harvey Dent in the Batman Animated series among others.
Actor Matthew Perry dies from drowning 

Chandler from the Friends TV series
RIP Ken Mattingly, Apollo 16's CM pilot
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Frank Borman, commander of Apollo 8

--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Vivian Silver, peace activist who worked to bridge the divide between Israelis and Palestinians, one person at a time. Wikipedia page

Killed during Hamas' attack on October 7; her body was found in her burnt-out home.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Rosalynn Carter Wife of Jimmy Carter and former First Lady
(11-19-2023, 05:55 PM)RMH999 Wrote: Rosalynn Carter Wife of Jimmy Carter and former First Lady

That description sells her short. The "steel magnolia" broke the taboo on discussing mental health in public, she lead diplomatic delegations (but not to heads of state), she was the first First Lady to have her own office in the East Wing, and she was married to Jimmy Carter for 77 years.

Rest in peace, Mrs. Carter. You earned it.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Marty Krofft of Sid & Marty Krofft Productions, age 86
-- Bob

Henry Kissinger, age 100
-- Bob

Only the good die young.

I dreamed of this overnight while I slept.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RIP Shane MacGowan, lead singer of the Pogues. Age 65.

--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Sandra Day O’Connor, first female justice of the US Supreme Court. Age 93.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Myles Goodwyn, frontman for April Wine

Anybody who watched MTV on their first day of broadcast should remember this one:

--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I might, if the video weren't unavailable.
-- Bob

(12-04-2023, 08:15 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I might, if the video weren't unavailable.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's "Sign of the Gypsy Queen".
(12-04-2023, 06:29 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 08:15 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I might, if the video weren't unavailable.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's "Sign of the Gypsy Queen".

"Just Between You and Me" actually