Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(MACROSS) A real blast from the past!
(MACROSS) A real blast from the past!
What's awesome here is:

It's Max and Miria, doing what they do best. HOLY SHIT - watch that paired launch where they stay back-to-back through the opening missile salvo. I suppose
so as to fool the enemy (classic Zentraedi glaugs and officers tactical pad) into thinking it was only one fighter on the radar? Either of them alone is worth
a whole squadron. Put Max and Miria together? UNSTOPPABLE.

The music is pretty good. A bit old school but you'd expect that (Dreamcast era and all)

It's actually got Haruhiku Mikimoto character designs!

A quick google however shows that this opening sequence is unfortunately the ONLY good thing about the game. Here's the quick blurb from wikipedia:

Quote: Macross M3 - A 3D shooter released for the Sega Dreamcast in February 22, 2001. M3 takes place around 2014, and covers the story of Maximilian Jenius, Milia
Fallyna Jenius, and their adopted Meltlandi daughter Moaramia Fallyna Jenius (whose original name was Moaramia Jifon) as they continue to serve as Valkyrie
pilots.
Other than that there is review after review where the game is called out for being crappy. Ah well. Enjoy the short movie and imagine the fanfic
fodder.

Very cool.

What's the song under it, and where can I get a clean copy without the sound FX?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

The song is called Bring It On.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Very nice. I'm amused by the truly impressive line of kill markers at the base of Max's canopy.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

M3 had one thing going for it that I keep wishing would pop up in an animated show.

Moarama Jifon/Jenius. There's just something brilliant about someone having what is, essentially, a variable A-10 Warthog.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Variable A-10? *Envisions something that essentially a BFGAU with legs and a canopy on top*