Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally...
Finally...
G'day from Queensland Australia
I've been lurking on here for over a year. Practically *ALL* my online reading material has been recommended from this board... but it took this long for me to figure out how to unearth my ancient EZY account.
I'm so glad I'll finally be able to contribute. This board is hands down the most intelligent, thoughtful and funny I've ever run across. I'm not worried about getting flooded out with uneducated insults every time one posts.
I tried my hand at writing a long time ago.Emmm... it didn't work out to well (it wasn't Fan Fic) and I eventually dropped it.
Here I think is a place where I might get use full advice on how to improve my abilities to tell a story!
Raphael
Re: Finally...
Hey Raph, welcome to the party. I, myself, am in a similar boat with you as far as writing is concerned. Where do you have your online wirtings posted?
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group, LLC
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

'Allo. Smile
--
[Image: nanohafh1.jpg]
Hey, Raphael! Welcome to the forums!
We'd certainly be happy to help you improve your writing.
Hm. Come to think of it, enough folks do that here that maybe I should create a "Workshop" area specifically to post works in progress for critique and help...
Anyway, if you've been lurking for a year you know the drill for my welcome messages, so I won't bore you with the repetition. Enjoy yourself, and I hope to see more of your posts!
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Hi everyone and thanks for the warm response
Quote:
Where do you have your online wirtings posted?
Well, actually I don't have my writing online anymore. I used to, but RL began interfering and my hiatus got so long (think - years) there wasn't any point in leaving them up.
Furthermore I'd realised that I had come down with a bad case of 'Jordan-Goodkind Syndrome'. The story I was trying to write had become quite large and yet I'd only just set the stage.
I have stories I want to tell but I can't seem to stop them from being convoluted, intricate and 'cast of thousands'. and yet the all the best stories always are at their heart very simple, despite their settings...
Quote:
Anyway, if you've been lurking for a year you know the drill for my welcome messages,
Actually, I think it's been closer to two years. 'Robot's Rules' had only just been completed when I found this place - so yes, I know the drill!
Raphael
Quote:
Furthermore I'd realised that I had come down with a bad case of 'Jordan-Goodkind Syndrome'. The story I was trying to write had become quite large and yet I'd only just set the stage.
I have stories I want to tell but I can't seem to stop them from being convoluted, intricate and 'cast of thousands'. and yet the all the best stories always are at their heart very simple, despite their settings...
Ahhh, but this is how the best Space Opera's are! The magnificent band of heroes against overwhelming odds and adventuring across the stars!
Eh-heh. Yeah, I'm a romantic man. ^_^;;;
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group, LLC
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."