Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Ushio and Tora fans
For Ushio and Tora fans
A while back, a scanslating group got up to chapter 18 of U&T before petering out.

Now, a new bunch has released
chapters 19 through 24 -- six chapters over the last four days, and they've been speeding up. o.o;

For those who haven't read this (or watched the videos), it starts like a twisted mutant shonen Calvin and Hobbes -- and gets more awesome from there. Smile

--Sam

"Well, first I'll eat you..."

Oh, wow. It's been years since I saw any Ushio and Tora.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

If you've only ever seen the videos, you haven't seen anything yet -- they cut the main plot out, leaving only isolated fight scenes. Smile

--Sam

"Inquisition this, you science dinks!"

It was still a very good Anime.

Yay

Well, dang. Now I've got to read it all.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Years and years ago I once wrote the beginning of an Ushio fusion, for some kind of Bulwer-Lytton-style contest on the FFML, I think it was -- only it was Ukyou and Tora, with Tora having been pinned to a wall under her father's okonomiyaki shop with a giant spatula... I really should see if I can find that again.
-- Bob
---------

You totally should, that sounds hilarious.

Meanwhile, chapter 25 is now up, and the
aforementioned plot is set in motion...

--Sam

"A cow just ate them both."

Well, given the circumstances, there wasn't much of it. But I'll go look in the FFML archives.

ETA: Wow. Found it on the first try. Only three paragraphs. I'll post it in ... um. I guess the "Other Fanfiction By Bob" section. Wow,
haven't had anything to post there in a while.
-- Bob
---------

26-28. Wow, these guys work fast.

In which questions are asked, answers are deferred, the Big Bad's name is finally spoken, and the Omniscient Council of Vagueness decides (as with any
bureaucracy worth its salt) that the clear and specific instructions of its leader are mere suggestions. And then... the Road Trip begins.

--Sam

"I said put it in the happy box!"
In
which we find out that William Shatner didn't know how lucky he was.

--Sam

"I have had enough of these motherbleeping youkai on this motherbleeping plane!"
The Horror of the Heights begins...

--Sam

"I'm going to throw a chimney at them..."
In which the practical difficulties with fighting an enemy on the outside of the airliner that you are
currently inside are addressed.

--Sam

"I think I just ran over a ninja back there."
32-33
In which
vengeance is done upon the wicked, and more problems with fighting at 20,000 feet make themselves known.

--Sam

"Nigh? What the hell is nigh?"
In which Tora plays Superman.

...And 35, updated while I was reading. These people are scanslating MACHINES.

Freaky giant scary scar-faced monk... reminds the idiot four of their proper place, yay. But he's going to carry out their plan anyway? The heck? And so
he sends an EVEN SCARIER MONK after Ushio.

Asako and Mayuko haven't been forgotten, good.

EVEN SCARIER MONK faces off against a... kappa on steroids, maybe?

EVEN SCARIER MONK has no time for nature spirits and their claims of precedence. And can't be bothered with sealing them.

Tora: "I just picked up a plane this afternoon, I'm tired!" Smile

--Sam

"Wow. Clark's fortress melts."
The "Tora cannot be seen by normal people" caption is approaching the point where I expect Deadpool
to show up and make fun of it. Smile

EVEN SCARIER MONK FROM NOWHERE!

Okay, EVEN SCARIER MONK clearly has no concern for human life, never mind youkai. The exorcist group should've
done more than expel this freak, though I can see where they might have calculated the likely damages and then called for their brown pants.

EVEN SCARIER MONK instantly realizes that Ushio must be the Chosen One, which means the group's orders to take the spear away from him are stupid. He
doesn't particularly care.

Hotels won't take Ushio. You'd think he could call his dad or something. But instead he prepares to camp out... and Tora goes into China Shop mode
again.

Does EVEN SCARIER MONK even understand that it's possible to ask someone for information without hitting them?

And the battle begins. ESM wants proof that Ushio's the Chosen One. Ushio knows the Spear won't do shit to humans. Silly Ushio, assuming ESM is
human. ^.^

--Sam

"Well that guy's nekkid."
Tangled up in prayer beads...

Looks like EVEN SCARIER MONK has his answer.

Meanwhile, back at Kouhamei, Slightly Less Scary Monk gets a well-deserved chewing out. And a more thorough explanation of the Hakumen no Mono and the Beast
Spear is offered.

The Spear LAUGHS at your pathetic attempts to seal it, EVEN SCARIER MONK.

Ushio has his groove back...

--Sam

"How the hell did I do that?"
The Beast Spear can
TALK. And it's a televangelist!

EVEN SCARIER MONK really needs to pick a goal and stick with it.

And Tora... has realized something.

No jingly priest staff for you!

Fight's over, no killing EVEN SCARIER MONK. And killing youkai isn't also murder? Yes, they try to kill humans, but ESM was too...

Slightly Less Scary Monk lays down the law back at Kouhamei. Maybe they'll listen this time.

But EVEN SCARIER MONK is getting SCARIER STILL...

--Sam

"Absolute power is a sticky wicket."
And for those who watched the OAV, here's the last episode of that... with, yes, the Kamaitachi Trio!

Quick summary: lots of things get sliced up.

--Sam

"Then he threw a chimney at us!"
Ushio does not take the
siblings' request well.

But Juuro has gone seriously ax-crazy. Someone's going to die tonight, and it's either him or an entire
city...

--Sam

"That cow's tasted human blood!"
Ushio's looking kinda dead right here. (He's just pining for the fjords!)

--Sam

"Must... defy... laws of physics!"

Now up to chapterr 50. We're dealing with a runaway translating machine here.

Now up to 54.