Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're Under Arrest - Full Throttle
You're Under Arrest - Full Throttle
Live-eviL has finally made it to episode 22.

And hell has finally frozen over - the longest-running subplot in the entire series (it started in the very first OAV episode) has been brought to a conclusion.

Now all that's left is the comedy-relief episode 23, and the hopes that (like Season 2) Full Throttle will get picked up and released professionally...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Ignore this post. Apparently I'm SO FAR out of anime at the moment, I somehow mistook F&F for Full Throttle, just renamed as I've seen some
distributors do before.

Sad

Quote: robkelk wrote:

Live-eviL has finally made it to episode 22.

And hell has finally frozen over - the longest-running subplot in the entire series (it started in the very first OAV episode) has been brought to a
conclusion.

Now all that's left is the comedy-relief episode 23, and the hopes that (like Season 2) Full Throttle will get picked up and released
professionally...
How about some spoilers here, Rob? I can only think of a couple of things from that first OAV that could possibly need resolution, and I'm
doubtful that YUA would truly exist any more if a certain one of them were resolved.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

Quote:How about some spoilers here, Rob? I can only think of a couple of things from that first OAV that could possibly need resolution, and I'm doubtful that YUA would truly exist any more if a certain one of them were resolved.
Considering that they wrote the episode in such a way that we weren't even sure whether Miyuki would survive it, the fact that Ken finally proposed to her was something of a surprise.

If it had gone the other way, yes, YUA would have been over. But I think they can keep going with this...
--
Rob Kelk

And now Sentai Filmworks has the licence to You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle. From the pre-order page on Right Stuf, it looks like they'll be releasing it right after they finish releasing You're Under Arrest: Season 2, timed as if this was a single four-DVD-box series instead of two two-DVD-box series.

(This means I'll have to wait until summer to see Full Throttle episode 23... Ah, well.)
--
Rob Kelk

hmmm, More YUA AND Funimation licensing Bird the Mighty....Gonna be a busy year for my favorite shows.

Though I gotta find the money for Honey and Clover....

I'm trying to figure out what's what as far as the various seasons go for YUA. Is there a tutorial anywhere as to what title they're releasing the
various seasons under?

For example, Amazon lists both You're Under Arrest: Season 2 - Collection 1 AND You're Under Arrest: Fast & Furious Collection 2.
Meanwhile, Right Stuf lists You're Under Arrest Full Throttle DVD Collection 1 AND You're Under Arrest Season 2 DVD Collections 1
& 2.

What's the order following the original TV series? And how do the Japanese seasons line up?

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

The order, as I understand it (with licensors):
  1. the original OAVs (AnimEigo, now part of the first-season TV series bundle)
  2. the first TV season (AnimEigo)
  3. the Mini-Specials (ADV, except for the half-hour special that was included in the AnimEigo first-season TV series bundle)
  4. the movie (ADV)
  5. Season 2 (Sentai, who are calling it "Fast & Furious")
  6. Full Throttle (Sentai)

All but the Mini-Specials and movie are available for purchase or preorder from Right Stuf.
--
Rob Kelk

If I'm not mistaken, the order is:
Season 1, released by Animeigo (4 boxes, 13 DVDs as singles, plus 3 bonus disks only available in the boxes) [51 episodes]
Season 2, released by Sentai Filmworks (2 collections, sometimes marketed as "Fast and Furious") [26 episodes]
Full Throttle, upcoming from Sentai Filmworks (probably 2 collections) [23 episodes]
I'm not sure where the specials and movie fall into that order or their licensing/release status, though.
------------
Honou Productions.

Quote:

robkelk wrote:

The order, as I understand it (with licensors):

1. the original OAVs (AnimEigo, now part of the first-season TV series bundle)
  2. the first TV season (AnimEigo)
  3. the Mini-Specials (ADV, except for the half-hour special that was included in the AnimEigo first-season TV series bundle)
  4. the movie (ADV)
  5. Season 2 (Sentai, who are calling it "Fast & Furious")
  6. Full Throttle (Sentai)

I do concur that this order is correct.