Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google
Google
Has anyone else noticed the new version of Google that's running as of a day or so ago? It now opens up with just the logo, the edit box and the buttons,
but as soon as your mouse moves over the page, the various links fade into view automatically. And the results now have three icons after each one --
"Comment", "Promote" and "Remove".

The last one really has me stoked -- finally a way to nuke those garbage pages that just steal text from other sites in order to generate a pagerank...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:It now opens up with just the logo, the edit box and the buttons, but as soon as your mouse moves over the page, the various links fade into view automatically.
I'm surprised that effect isn't labeled "Beta"...
Quote:The last one really has me stoked -- finally a way to nuke those garbage pages that just steal text from other sites in order to generate a pagerank...
Let's just hope the linkspammers don't use it to remove pages with content and promote their "garbage pages".
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Google search results have been displaying those options for awhile now, at least for me. However I was of the view that it was only a local option...... then
again, I do seem to be perminently logged into Google (with Mozilla Google page as home), so it could be something they've released to the wild after
betaing it on users.

--Rod.H

Mm, that's right, I just logged back into Google after a long time logged out because Shay Guy invited me to try Wave. Maybe that's the difference for
me.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

My understanding is that Google are moving to a new interface. There was a news announcement somewhere, a week or so ago, that some people should already be
seeing the new interface and it should be going live for everyone in the reasonably near future.

I don't have the article handy, but I do seem to recall that A: there was no real information about what the new interface would involve, and B: it was
implied that the interface would be for everyone, not just for those logged in.