Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please don't be mean with the new kid in town...
Please don't be mean with the new kid in town...
My name is Luca Nicolai, and I'm Italian (but please, do not blame me for the state of my country. I Did Not Vote Him). I'm a nineteen-year-old student at the Gorizia International and Diplomatic Science Faculty. I'm a short-sighted, ironic, clumsy, irritating, adorable lad. I met Drunkard's Walk while I was forced to bed by a nasty kind of flu, and I falled in love. Ive been lurking around this forum for months before I found the courage to actually log in. My only hope is that my English is not too much inadequate...
Re: Please don't be mean with the new kid in town...
*Snerk*
Not to worry, you're doing better than a lot of AUTHORS as far as using the english language. And yes, I should know because I still horribly massacre my birth language at times. Sometimes deliberatly, usually not.

Besides, we're pretty laid back around here."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
I'm a nineteen-year-old student at the Gorizia International and Diplomatic Science Faculty.
That sounds like a fascinating field of study. Are you studying to become a diplomat?
Quote:
I'm a short-sighted, ironic, clumsy, irritating, adorable lad.
That's much like me at nineteen. Well, except for the "adorable" part.
Quote:
My only hope is that my English is not too much inadequate...
Your English is much, much better than my Italian, or my French; you have nothing to worry about.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
Your English is much, much better than my Italian, or my French; you have nothing to worry about.
I second Comrade Kelk -- that is, what he said about himself I could say about myself. Welcome to our little band of Looneytics.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Many thanks for the welcome. And, about Comrade Kelk's question, my field of study is ideed a fascinating one (not as fascinating as it was before tu university funds were cut with a machete, but still pretty nice), but I'm not sure if I'm gonna be a diplomat. I could also go to work fot the UN or some other NGO, or just be an apparently average pizzaiolo whit an unsuspected knowledge of the world's power balance... I haven't decided yet.
Nice to meet you too Big Grin I'll add my voice to the list of people throwing the welcome party for you Big Grin_______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
Welcome Luca! Sorry to take so long to reply to your post, but believe me, I was not ignoring you. As others have said, your English is more than adequate -- I've read (in other places) posts by people who were supposed to have been native speakers of English who wrote far worse.
I'd be curious how you came across Drunkard's Walk while you were ill -- was it random chance, or did someone recommend it to you?
Anyway, wecome to the forums, and by all means feel free to join in on any conversation that interests you.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Honored to meet the Author.
It was almost casual. I was searching the Net looking for some information about super-powered roleplaying and I found IST: Ottawa. From there I reached your home page, found it fun and started reading DW. It kept me awake for two nights, I just could'nt stop reading. Now I'm trying to put my hands on a copy of GURPS: IST, but it's hard. GURPS never had a lot of luck here in italy, altought I found an old copy of the base manual five years ago in a library, so I'm able to undersand the character sheets. Thank you very much for the welcome.
Re: Honored to meet the Author.
I never would have expected that anyone would come to the story by way of "IST: Ottawa"; I didn't even know the site was still up! Thanks for the info!

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Irashai...
Welcome to the asylum...you wouldn't happen to be following the footsteps of Nagi Springfield or his son Negi (work for an NGO)?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Irashai...
I think that I have to improve my knowledge of magic, before. By now I only know some card tricks. ;-)