Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant Robots Attack... where?
Giant Robots Attack... where?
This is a short movie about giant robots destroying the city of Montevideo (in Uruguay... in South America):

Ataque de Pánico! (Panic Attack!) 2009

Impressive, considering they did it on a U$S300 budget.

(Disclaimer: It may be more enjoyable for the locals like me who can recognize the landmarks)

NN

Follow up

http://newslite.tv/2009/12/02/unknown-f ... m-for.html

Well, great for him! Let's hope something cool and watchable comes out of this.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

They are making him to work with Sam Raimi. Is that a good or a bad omen?

Well, we know one thing it means -- Bruce Campbell will be seen.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And the car...
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

Having finally gotten around to viewing this, I have to say I'm impressed. Although all the extras in those
"running&screaming" scenes must have worked awfully cheap, if not free. Getting the CGI explosions and
debris looking so realistic in the shaky-cam shots was especially impressive.

And my inner aircraft otaku got a bit of a squeal out of seeing the robots being attacked by Super Tweets -- the only combat aircraft ever made by Cessna, and a very reliable and forgiving light-attack
platform. Although the Uruguayan Air Force only has 10, and I'm pretty sure I see more than that in some of those shots. Still, seeing that much
attention given to modeling and animating such a non-famous airframe was nice.

That's how amateurs do things around here (and around everywhere, I guess): ask, beg and cajole help from family, friends, family's friends,
friends' friends, fellow college students, etc. Provide the transportation, and presto! (they will probably even bring their own food for the aftershoot
party)

The other half is to get help from local businesses in exchange for credit and/or product placement. The overhead view of the Plaza Independencia (the
equestrial statue) were shot from the 4th floor of the IBM office building, whose logo you can clearly see for a few seconds.

Wow! Finally got around to seeing this one, and the thing that impressed me the most about it is that once the Military made a showing, they actually seemed to be able to hurt these guys - I saw at least two or three of their fliers going up and at least one of the big walkers getting pasted as well.

Can't wait to see what a movie based on this will be like! (^_^)