Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blatant Shilling
Blatant Shilling
There is a project. I'm told it's worthy.Seems
they need a good deal of money, quickly, to actually get it off the ground.

It's not really relevant to my own interests, but perhaps others here would find it more compelling?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

"Text is finished" but the pledge also covers "writing"? Curious.

Oh, and that's a cool site. The /widget/card.html]"Dear Mr. Watterson" project definitely has my eye now.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Whoo-hoo! Looks like they made it!

EDIT: I'm totally digging this. Just this little bit from the intro (arguably a conversation between a character and his/her monster) is priceless!

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"That thing is pretty big."

"You said it. BIG."

"I'd even say huge."

"You know what's the worst thing about something that big?"

"I can think of a few things. . . "

"It's like being really close to a high-school kid, and seeing all the pores gaping open and oozing grease or clogged up with black ick and bulging
with gunk. Even from all the way over here, I can totally see how gross that thing's skin is."

"That's a pretty weird thing to be grossed out by, for a shiny, green, iridescent mantis the size of my dad's car."

"Yeah, but SHINY. I do not ooze gunk, except from my warp-glands, and that's totally rad gunk."

"Well, I don't leak gunk either."

"Not yet. When you get to high school, they do something to your face. I've been studying humanity, so I figured out how it works. They drill out
your pores so they leak, they poke your larynx so your voice comes out all broken and weird, and they make you grow a completely tragic, wispy little mustache,
possibly through the use of exotic radiation. Also, they make you smell like yak butt, but this is possibly some kind of scam to get you to buy body spray, or
so the television leads me to believe."
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear any of that."

"Why?"

"I just discovered something even more horrible about a creature that big than how easy it is to see its goopy pores."

"What?"

"The size of its dumps."

"Oh dude, I really did not want to go there."

"Well we're going to have to. It just dropped a duke on our neighborhood, and everybody is visiting from out of town."

"This is the worst Thanksgiving ever."
Bwaaaaaa-haaa-haaa! You're gonna need a helluva doggie bag and pooper-scooper for that mess!