Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first space marine
My first space marine
Got the Assault on Black Reach boxed set for Christmas, and I thought I'd share some of my painting successes.

[Image: Marine.jpg]

Later I'll photograph and upload some of the other units I've gotten done... All in all, though, I'm rather pleased at how well it turned
out.

-W

edit: sorry for large image size. Will make sure to scale it down next time.Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead

Wow. None of mine look that good.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

I'm sorry to say this, but that is extremely _cute_, and I want a _stuffed one_
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Woot! An excellent beginning Big Grin Going for a named chapter or one of your own devising?

One of my own devising... I didn't really feel like painting the whole thing blue, and some of the color schemes for listed chapters make me ask "why
god? why?", so I thought I'd go with something that looked good, and it's hard to go wrong with black and silver.

-W

Emperor grant me enough bolter rounds to shoot the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and a targeting system that knows the
difference.Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

And some more pics of finished models:

[Image: warboss.jpg]

Da Warboss

[Image: deffcopta.jpg]

A Deffcopta

[Image: bigshoota.jpg]

It's not da size of da boyz in da fight, it's da size o'dere shootas.

[Image: dreadnaught.jpg]

I'm particularly pleased with how the Dreadnought came out. It was my first experiment with drybrushing, and I think it worked fairly well.

-WFalling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

It really is hard to go wrong with black and silver.

Those are the colors I used, too.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Ah drybrushing, a painters best friend. Really good effort for your first space marine attempts. My first marine is a blob of color that I hide away in
shame and only bring out when I get emo about how a mini is turning out and I need to remind myself how far I've come. One suggestion though, I notice a
couple of grey patches of plastic peaking through, which leads me to believe you didn't prime your models. I highly suggest priming your figs black before
you start painting them. Citadel paints bond poorly to the plastic GW uses, so using a paint primer really helps ease putting on even layers of paint. An
added benefit, since it's black, you won't have to worry overly much about shading in the recesses of the model as black is a quick way to simulate
that.

I also see you're using washes, which are another way to add shading quickly. Seriously, GW washes make it stupid easy to make your minis look loads
better with less time and effort. I don't even bother layering metal anymore really, just Boltgun, badab black or devlan mud depending on the effect I
want, then Chainmail on the edges. Bam! Instant weathered armor.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Indeed. Have a browse through here to see what I've been doing with lots of drybrushing lately.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Actually, don't be surprised by the pots of wash sitting in the background... I just picked those up the other day, and haven't really had time to
experiment with them. Most of the weathering on the armor was achieved by drybrushing black over the gray or boltgun metal. It's a fairly quick and dirty
way of doing it, but it seems to work okay.

-WFalling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

[Image: Crimmystau.jpg]

I have finished more than what is there, but thats an old picture
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed