Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Spider-Man 4
No Spider-Man 4
Deadline Hollywood: http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/urgen ... t-planned/]Spider-Man 4 Scrapped

They're blaming it on script problems, and lack of 3-D. Me, I think they just want to re-boot the franchise. (We all know how old and stale it's gotten under Sam Raimi's watch, right?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

This is typical of the Hollywood crap. They "reboot" a movie plot after a handful of years, and make you pay top dollar all over again just to watch
the same story.

Not interested, thank you. I don't need yet another movie telling me how Parker deals with teenage angst. If they had an Avengers movie with Maguire,
Jackman, and Downey Jr. in it, I'd go see that. I suspect a lot of other people would too.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I certainly would.

Downey is a _perfect_ Iron Man. I've been very pleased with his characterization of the 'ol bucket head.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Not going to happen. The rights to the Spiderman film franchise is still in Sony's hands, so Marvel has no control over the character in that respect.
Likely the Avengers movie is going to be Captain America, Iron Man and Thor - the Big Three of the Avengers lineup.

-------------------

Epsilon

What about that final scene in Hulk? Think they're shooting for the original line-up of the Avengers?
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Known for a solid fact he's in. Also Black Widow, possibly Hawkeye.

Ant-Man appears to have been dropped from the roster. ^.^

--Sam

"Bad man... hit dog... with STREET!"

If I correctly remember a fleeting reference I saw recently, Scarlett Johanssen will be playing the Black Widow.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

If I correctly remember a fleeting reference I saw recently, Scarlett Johanssen will be playing the Black Widow
More than a fleeting
reference.

-------------------

Epsilon

Wow. Well, she's got guaranteed income for at least a couple years.

(And I didn't know Olivia d'Abo had voiced her in the animated version. Also wow.)
-- Bob
---------

An afterthought: I wonder what are they're going to do about the Widow's old Soviet history, since this version will clearly have been barely out of
Pampers when the USSR collapsed?
-- Bob
---------

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

An afterthought: I wonder what are they're going to do about the Widow's old Soviet history, since this version will clearly have been barely out of
Pampers when the USSR collapsed?

Probably pulling from Marvel MAX line where the name has been retconned into a code name for a series of female operatives for the KGB and the FSB.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."