Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting this book
Getting this book
A nice performance of a monologue from the book 'Soon I will be Invincible.' I am finding a copy tonight; if it is even close to as good the speech,
it will be worth my hard earned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANlgIa4T ... r_embedded

Very well done.

You won't quite find those exact words said in a single monologue in the novel. The trailer here has taken snippets from several places in the book as
source material. And the character who says them isn't Nick Napalm (although that character is mentioned off-handedly) but by one of the viewpoint
characters - Dr. Impossible.

And for what it's worth, I think the book more than lives up to the promise of this vid.

Did you know about the book already? Or is this the first time you've been exposed to it?

I haven't checked the link, but I read the book a while ago, and while it's not one of the great must-read works it's definitely worth having read.

Wow, not bad at all.

And yeah, Shayne, we actually had a big long thread about the book here, um, a year or so back? Something like that. Prompted me to buy a copy, in fact.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

The book's one of my favourite guilty pleasures for a quick read now and then. How'd those who were talked into getting it last time actually find it? (Btw, 100th post, woo!)

I quite enjoyed it. I tried to get Peggy to read it, but she wasn't interested.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.