Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adaptions That Almost Were: Sailor Moon
Adaptions That Almost Were: Sailor Moon
If you
know what this is already, you know what you're getting into.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

*shudders* Damn you Ops. I knew how bad it was in THEORY... now I KNOW... *brainbleaches*
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I couldn't even finish it, it hurt too bad.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Without following the link - is that that live-action thing with the (I think) silver hoverboards and one of the protagonists in a wheelchair, sometimes
referred to as "Saban Moon"?

Because if there's *another* mind-warpingly bad Sailor Moon adaptation that never was, I'm not sure I want to know about it.

(Some reports say that the "Saban Moon" thing was never seriously considered, and is blown far out of proportion by the fanbase. But it's a fun
little 'Net-legend even if so.)

..Yes. I want to tear my eyes out, but I saw the whole thing. It was by Saban, too, reportedly.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

The way I understand it, the attribution to Saban is net.legend; the sole perpetrators were this Toon Makers outfit. Judging by their http://www.toonmakers.com/]website, they're not a very big outfit, which might explain the awful look of the proposal.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Meh. I've seen far more horrifying things in my life that would make you guzzle brain bleach. Comes from a rather unique upbringing.

Anyhow, what puzzled me the most was how they jump between animation and traditional formats... until I realized that animating all the action sequences would be a helluva lot cheaper than hiring on a potload of special effect people and buying a monster-du-jour from Jim Henson every week.

Also, having grown up in the eighties I find this sort of thing to be par for the course. We can even see the beginnings of the modern teeny-bopper fashion crazes that are center of the Hana Montana fandom. Bleh. I hope my niece grows out of that, and soon.