Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, um, hi. or something.
Well, um, hi. or something.
Hi, I'm chibipoe. Or Poe, or Alan, depending on where and who I'm talking to. Been lurking for a few days and finally got to read all of DW2 that is currently available. Screamed MORE! at the end of 14.
I am a fan of various anime, up to and including MKR, Sailor Moon, Read or Die, to name but a few(the full list is just way too big, I think).
I am also an avid reader of just about anything that strikes my fancy. This mostly seems to be well-written fanfiction and the odd fantasy novel of late, though.
Um. I watch genre tv from time to time. I think I know at least one person who posts here from other places, but that's about it.
I am also an aspiring writer, currently working on a piece of fanfiction related to Sailor Moon, having been inspired by recent rewatchings of the S season.
I think that about covers it all, except for one thing...
Bob, can I be a prereader? Wink"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Re: Well, um, hi. or something.
Welcome! I can't speak for bob, but I do have to ask the obvious question:
Quote:
Bob, can I be a prereader? Wink
Um, I dunno, can you? How's your english reading and comprehension skills? What about your ability to convey suggestions and criticism in a way that others can understand what you're saying? Got any references? Smile
*ducks for cover*
Anyway, I have no idea if Bob needs any more pre-readers, he'll have to answer that.
Offsides (forum moderator on those rare occasions that it's called for)Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
Um, I dunno, can you? How's your english reading and comprehension skills? What about your ability to convey suggestions and criticism in a way that others can understand what you're saying? Got any references? Smile
Tongue My mistake there aside, I like to think that my english reading and comprehension skills are more than a bit above-average. While I'll freely admit that my grammar isn't always the best, I do make an effort for coherence in what I write and/or say. (Whether I succeed or not... That's a completely different story and not for myself to determine.)
As for conveying suggestions. My biggest problem there is not being sure whether I'm converting the thoughts and ideas I do have into a format that others understand. Not because my thoughts are superior, mind, but because what makes sense to me may not necessarily make sense to anyone else. Plus, I tend to run from thought to thought, or overanalyse some things.
References. Well. None that dwell in this particular corner of space, I'm afraid. Just me and my overly inquistive mind.
Quote:
Offsides (forum moderator on those rare occasions that it's called for)
Nice meeting you. Smile"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Welcome chibipoe/Poe/Alan (which do you prefer?)
Jeanne

Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com
go.compuserve.com/Comic

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
I've gotten used to being called Poe. Mostly due to their being far too many people around that those I know associate with who are called Alan. So, Poe is preferred. Smile"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Ahoy hoy Poe. Welcome to the boards. I think you'll find the atmosphere warm and inviting, like Pop Tarts. Only not wrapped in tin foil and without the need to be toastered and.. what was I talking about again?---------------
"A billion robot lives are about to be extinguished. Oh the Jedi are gonna feel this one."
-Professor Farnsworth
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Quote:
what was I talking about again?
Killer tomatoes.
Anyway, hi Poe! Regarding prereaders, there seem to be about a half dozen or so of us active at the moment, and I believe that Bob's said before that he regards this as about the ideal balance between varied viewpoints and not having things dissolve into an anonymous mass.
So. I'd guess that it's not out of the question, but you'd probably have to come up with something pretty impressive... Or wait until one of us decides to drop off the face of the earth, whichever comes first.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
So. I'd guess that it's not out of the question, but you'd probably have to come up with something pretty impressive... Or wait until one of us decides to drop off the face of the earth, whichever comes first.
Thanks for the welcome.
I think I'll see what I can do about that something impressive. But if it is not to be, ah well. Smile
Hey, Poe. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you -- I had a rather frantic weekend and I'm still kind of frazzled.
Anyway, welcome to the forums; I see you've already felt free to plunge into various topics, so I don't think I need to tell you to go ahead on that front.
As far as the prereader issue is concerned, Nathan has the right of it. Right now I have about all the voices I can handle hearing; I only added the newest of the prereaders because some of my oldest list members have gone silent. Thank you for the offer, but I have as many as I can really make use of at the moment.

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...
Quote:
Hey, Poe. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you -- I had a rather frantic weekend and I'm still kind of frazzled.
Not a problem at all. Smile Glad to be here.
Quote:
Anyway, welcome to the forums; I see you've already felt free to plunge into various topics, so I don't think I need to tell you to go ahead on that front.
I saw a few things that I thought I could contribute to, so, I went. Smile Thank you for the welcome, however.

Quote:
As far as the prereader issue is concerned, Nathan has the right of it. Right now I have about all the voices I can handle hearing; I only added the newest of the prereaders because some of my oldest list members have gone silent. Thank you for the offer, but I have as many as I can really make use of at the moment.

Ah, fair enough. Smile