Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a new anime company in town
There's a new anime company in town
Well, okay - it's an existing entertainment company that's getting into anime translation and distribution. NIS America http://nisamerica.com/nart/press/Anime% ... 100212.pdf]just announced that they hold the licenses for four anime... and they picked some strong titles to launch their anime line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toradora]!]Toradora!, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona:_Trinity_Soul]PERSONA -trinity soul-, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_Hearts]Pandora Hearts, and Our Home’s Fox Deity (better known as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Home%27s_Fox_Deity].]Wagaya no Oinari-sama).

To make this a bit more entertaining than the usual announcement posting, I thought I'd add a poll to it. I'm wondering...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

F) None, as I know nothing about them.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Which is why I provided the links - so folks could learn about them...
--
Rob Kelk

I thought Trinity Soul was already brought over?

I'm surprised it wasn't, considering how massively popular Persona 3 and 4 were for Atlus.

Ah, that's the mob which is the US branch of a Japanese game publisher. They released an odd JRPG/DC Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! and a bunch of other stuff, most of them on consoles I don't own.

Heh. Waga-ya O-Inari-Sama is relevant to my interests... for obvious reasons. Big Grin IT's the better of two "I've got a kitsune living with me" series from when it was released. It's very modern fantasy asction-y as compared to it's competition's ecchiness.

ToraDora is one of those "real life with weird hair colors" series, with a petite tsundere and a tall "tough guy everyman." It's short for "Tiger and Dragon," which is a take on the main characters' names and nicknames. The Tsundere is called "Taiga" because she reminds her classmates of a "palmtop tiger" and the everyman's name is Ryuuji, with, of course, the kana for Dragon.

The other two are "Anime of the Game"
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Chiming in here, Toradora! was utterly brilliant.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Toradora! is EPIC - Taiga is the only tsundere I actually like... so I must buy!
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

<- too poor to buy DVDs.

Is it completely off-topic to point out how -brilliant- this is of an example of how one can influence results through careful question choice?  I suspect Bob spotted that and was trying to subvert it, in fact.
Back on-topic: H) None of the above; none of them appeal to me. ;D

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Not completely off-topic, no...
--
Rob Kelk

And now that the poll's closed, I'm slightly surprised by the result. (I expected Toradora! to place first, but Wagaya no Oinari-sama was the runaway favourite instead. Go figure...)
--
Rob Kelk

Hey, what can we say? Kitsune are awesome. Sometimes I wonder if my current girlfriend, given her mischievous and whimsical nature, is a descendant of a kitsune. Wink

*pops a rez*
I've actualy just acquired their DVDs of Wagaya no Oinari-sama and I think I'll have a bit of trouble finding a space for 'em on my shelf. 'Cos for starters the box they came in's larger than my HB copy of the Fallout 3 guidebook and the contents of said box is bigger than a DVD fatpack.

--Rod.H (who buys some odd stuff)
"Hrm, new rims for the 'Rolla or WH40K army?.....WH40K army"

I'd rather get Katanagatari first and foremost.  Why? Because it is freakin' epic.
ANN Link

All The Tropes link