Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderline NSFW, but worth reading.
Borderline NSFW, but worth reading.
I'd be interested in folks' reactions to http://reddit.com//r/AskReddit/comments/...xy/c0i6kuh.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

seen it before, but even as a re-read, I smiled.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I was wondering where this was going, and it took myself a couple of seconds to get, but I couldn't goddamn stop laughing. Good troll!

(O_o)

Big Grin Indeed.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

....Ugh. Ugh. Stick in the so-funny-it's-wrong-emphasis-on-WRONG category and let's move on.

"Wrong"? It was an accurate description of events...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Not that kind of 'wrong' man...

I agree it's wrong, that bikini looked cold not hot, clearly completely wrong. Wink or he has only seen bikinies made of ice or something.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

*facepalm* I can't believe I didn't get that til the Darth Vader bit.

..... that was diffrent

Here's what I'm curious about - did anyone else's reading habits totally spoil this for them?
See, when I'm reading stuff, I want to know how long it is before I start reading. Makes sense, right?
Now, for a physical thing like a book or leaflet, it's pretty obvious how much there is to read - you get a sense when you pick the thing up.
For an online thing, though, what I always do is scroll to the bottom straight away...
I don't actually read what's at the bottom, I just want to see where it ends. But in this case, the name reference that gives the joke away is capitalized, and thus jumps out at you...
-- Acyl

My first thought was "So... Westermarck effect?"

My second was "... So?"

I think this was a case of hentai (and/or bad fanfic) making it less interesting for me...

-Morgan.