Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down with the flue
Down with the flue
Got it from a neighbor this weekend. The symptoms are mild so far, save for bronchial spasms. Got the prescription for that, but due to side effects, I'm staying put. Dammed irritating.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

From the subject, I thought maybe you were going to report that you'd finally gotten rid of your chimney...

Huh. I seem to have developed something over the weekend myself... I've had a persistent cough since Friday night, and headache yesterday, and today I woke up with chest congestion and a bit of a sore throat. No fever, though. Odd, that.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Thieves oil.

My parents would swear by the stuff since my father became someone looking more at homeopathic remedies rather than the expensive medicines of now-a-days. I've use it and it does seem to help get over a cold.

Baseload Wrote:Thieves oil.
My parents would swear by the stuff since my father became someone looking more at homeopathic remedies rather than the expensive medicines of now-a-days. I've use it and it does seem to help get over a cold.
No! NONONONONONO!
NO!

---------------
Epsilon

Yeah, I hate to crap on anyone's personal beliefs unduly, but... anyone who wonders about the efficacy of homeopathy should just look up what it actually is. Or let James Randi explain it:

http://www.scientificindi...andi-explains-homeopathy

I'm reminded of a Beverly Hillbillies episode where Mr. Drysdale catches a cold and is told by his doctor "drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, and in a week to ten days you'll be cured." He then learns that Granny has a cure for the cold: "take this medicine, drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, and in a week to ten days you'll be cured."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

(Tongue firmly in cheek) Bah, you guys just need a healthy dose of Placebo. Sure, most medicine works 40% better, but still. Placebo is CHEAP and SAFE. Big Grin
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

how did you effervescent bastards infect me over the internet?!?!

*cough dribble wheeze wobble*
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

...I think I'll just enjoy a hot toddy and stay the hell at home.

Oh wait, I'm in the Navy. They make us work through that kind of stuff. :p

blackaeronaut Wrote:Oh wait, I'm in the Navy. They make us work through that kind of stuff. :p
Thanks for the flashback of the Typhoid shot...  Out of the entire regime, that one would knock me down HARD.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Quote:blackaeronaut wrote:

...I think I'll just enjoy a hot toddy and stay the hell at home.
Oh wait, I'm in the Navy. They make us work through that kind of stuff. :p
Try doing it when your job is to take care of the sick and injured
Ben L. Harrison
HM1(FMF)/USN/Retired

*Tips hat*

GMSN Rhodes, 5" Gun Tech, USS Stethem DDG-63

I won't try and one-up you. So where were you billeted when you had to put up with that BS?

Back to the original topic, I'm still sick. If anything I'm worse today than I was the last two days.
-- Bob
---------

I can only think of one thing...

Move the computer right next to the bed, take the keyboard & mouse with you into bed, pull the comforter up to your neck, and keep the peripherals under the covers.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Muuuuuch easier to wrap the comfy chair in front of the computer in all the blankets.
-- Bob
---------

Meh. Wireless keyboards and optical wireless mice FTW.

Which reminds me... some of my best writing moments were when I was with a very good friend, sharing two keyboards (one wireless, one wired) and one computer. Colaboration was never better than that.