Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahoy hoy
Ahoy hoy
Hey all, I guess this is my cue to do the introduction thing.
Some might recognize a portion of my handle from the Eyrie forums, and I had to change it as when I tried to set up my account with ezboard I got the much beloved "your screen name has already been taken" text. After some failed attempts to get around this, I just threw up a the Herr as a nod to my german side of the family tree.
I've been watching anime since I was a kid, with Voltron and Robotech being the two biggies, though I do remember being enraptured by Unico to my chagrin. I didn't really get into it until about 1996 I think, when I was channel surfing and I landed Urusei Yatsura II: Beautiful Dreamer on the SciFi channel when they showed still showed anime at night. It was one of those serendipitous moments I'll always remember. One look at that flying girl in the bikini shooting lightning and it was all over.
I used to play DnD and Mechwarrior in junior high with my neighborhood friends but gradually quit in high-school due to lack of interest. We had fun but never had any serious campaigns so there wasn't anything to keep our interest. Now I'd wished I stayed into gaming, since I've been wanting to be a part of a group but can't find anybody I know in my local area to play with.
I found Drunkard's Walk after it was mentioned on the Eyrie boards and did some search engining till I found it. One weekend and eleven chapters later I thought it was safe to say I'd found another story to add to my all time favorites list. Doug's powers is one of the most creative and flat out fun things I've read in any series.
Now back to your regular boarding.Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses
and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid
deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Re: Ahoy hoy
Welcome to the forums, Herr Moon, we're glad you could make it.
Quote:
I found Drunkard's Walk after it was mentioned on the Eyrie boards and did some search engining till I found it. One weekend and eleven chapters later I thought it was safe to say I'd found another story to add to my all time favorites list.
Eleven? I trust you've found chapter 12 by now...
And thank you for the compliment. I try to tell a good story, and so far, it looks like I've succeeded. Of course, if I get lynched after chapter 15, I might change my mind...
Quote:
Doug's powers is one of the most creative and flat out fun things I've read in any series.
I'm glad you like it. It's certainly been a lot of fun playing and later writing it. (In case you couldn't tell... )

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.