Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truth In Book Covers
Truth In Book Covers
http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2008 ... ng-habits/]MGK Versus His Adolescent Reading Habits
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And I've got to say I've never read any of those books pillared/pilloried. Most of mine was Asimov, Clark, Adams, PTerry....Tom Clancy....Dale Brown....

*snicker*

99% accurate
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I'm suspecting you (or someone) might have inadvertently slashdotted the site.  Two different net connections are giving me a 'connection refused' error.  What is it?
(The domain name instantly gives me pause, because without content I can't tell if it's humorous or haha-only-serious like the Time Cube guy Big Grin )

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

humor.

Think of it as a book cover version of the "Literal Music Video" bit.

In general: Looking at the comments, I think crankhard nailed it...

Piers Anthony: That reminds me so much of the last Xanth book I read. I'd question applying it to ones old enough to have that particular cover art style, but... o.O;;;

David Eddings: I confuse him with Dave Duncan for some reason. '.'

Feist: ... So?

McCaffrey: Feh.

-Morgan.

That's slandering Feist, that is.  The Riftwar Saga isn't the story of the Friday Nighters campaign; it's the centuries-previous backstory. Smile
MightyGodKing is, however, as awesome as always here.
--Sam
"Well that guy's nekkid."

Morganni Wrote:David Eddings: I confuse him with Dave Duncan for some reason. '.'
But... but...  o.O;
Dave Duncan is like the exact opposite of David Eddings!  He writes a completely different book every single time!  They're nothing like each other!  And they're all awesome!
--Sam
"I'm here because... a big clown hit me!"

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:
Morganni Wrote:David Eddings: I confuse him with Dave Duncan for some reason. '.'
But... but...  o.O;
Dave Duncan is like the exact opposite of David Eddings!  He writes a completely different book every single time!  They're nothing like each other!  And they're all awesome!
--Sam

I wrote a big long dismissive thing on Duncan's writings, but let me sum up with this:

The latest series aside, which bought but never got around to reading (I blame me going through my current 'nonfiction and graphic novels' phase) I've enjoyed the crap out of every Eddings book I've ever purchased.

However, with Duncan, more often than not, I find his first book in a series to be awesome, and his later efforts to be much less so. He's a decent writer, but...

Eddings touches a chord in me that makes me enjoy the hell out of reading his work over and over. Duncan, not.

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:
But... but...  o.O;
--Sam

I didn't say it had anything to do with their *content*. '.'

Duncan and Eddings were either right next to each other or almost so in the library here, and I could never remember which Dave was the one I was actually thinking of unless I had the book in front of me to look.

(The answer, as it happens, was usually Duncan; I'm a big fan of The Seventh Sword. Don't think I've read anything else by him, but I've read very little by Eddings.)

-Morgan.

I'm just glad that none of Diane Duane's books are up there... or maybe it's just that nobody really reads her stuff, which is a pitty, really.

Love me some Diane Duane

Likewise.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.