Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars
Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars
The truth revealed!  And Fate was oddly lackadaisical about security for this op.
...They put her in the damn haircut.  And she remembers it all.  This is graveness and it isn't even signature time yet.
...HUNDRED years?!  Hold the phone!  NOT NEGI'S AUNT.  SHIPPING RESUMES IN FIVE, FOUR, THREE...
I was right!  The first meeting with Nagi wasn't the capital disaster, that happened later.
Anya the Meido.  What depths she has sunk to.
And Asuna is BACK.  Screw the dark past, she's awesome!
Okay.  Total genocide because that's the only fair option.  What a bastard.  Someone get Simon in here to punch some courage into him!
The survivors would be transported to real-Mars.  Yeah, not good.  And I think we all can see where that event leads.
...And to top it all off, Fate is operating on HEARSAY that the Perfected World exists.
Yeah, this is a great plan.  Nothing could possibly go wrong.
Negi?  Scrap his ass.
--Sam
"Absolute power is a sticky wicket."

Going from what Fate says, it seems to me that this, or something similar, has happened before.  Fate says that he is sending all the people to the "overwritten world of Cosmo Entelecheia", and that he wants to use Asuna's powers to overwrite the magical world.  I wonder how many overwritten worlds there are out there.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

....you know, Fate seems to be a decent sort. Adopts orphans, in his off-hours from being a Knight Templar.

...wait....waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.

You sonuvabitch. Fate's operating off hearsay. He doesn't know. Who's the only person who could say for certain what Cosmo Entelecheia is? There's only one source of hearsay that'd have a clue what they're talking about. Dynamis was around for the first war. He talked directly with the Mage of the Beginning. Yet he talks about CE as if it's some kind of belief in an afterlife. That sending Nodoka's "soul" there would leave behind a body, unlike Mundus Magicus' people.

...Dynamis is lying to him. Or at least, telling him what he wants to hear.

You sonuvabitch.

I dunno if Fate's either going to have an epic Villainous Breakdown and go all Rau Le Creuset or hit a Heel Face Turn, but either way, the single defining pillar of his life-defining cause is....wrong. That's not gonna be a pretty result when he finds out.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:...HUNDRED years?!  Hold the phone!  NOT NEGI'S AUNT.  SHIPPING RESUMES IN FIVE, FOUR, THREE...
Shipping stopped? 

Matrix Dragon Wrote:
Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:...HUNDRED years?!  Hold the phone!  NOT NEGI'S AUNT.  SHIPPING RESUMES IN FIVE, FOUR, THREE...
Shipping stopped? 
Some of it did. Smile
--Sam
"Sidekicks don't kiss!"

" Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content."
           - Conan
And, yes, Fate is an idiot.
Early!

So... Negi's a high-level demon-type-thing now?  Interesting.
--Sam
"Absolute power is a sticky wicket."

Actually, it seems eerily similar to Anti-Form from KH2 to me.  Take a look: Negi  Anti-Form 
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Another World Episode 2
http://www.aquastar-anime.net/index.php ... om=&ucat=1]&]Aquastar's fansub of "Another World" episode 2 is on the torrents.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Akamatsu is full of little references like that. Negi's frenzy form seems to be derived from several different sources.

Some people are saying we're moving towards the end but, I think maybe only the end of this arc. Fate and his merry band of assholes is just another stepping stone on the way to the end. I don't think that we'll see Negi squaring off against the Lifemaker here.
EDIT!  Akamatsu V28 & 29 Q&A session translated.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Double posting, but why not?
New scans are up in the usual place.

Spoiler: So, Guyver upgrade time?
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Quote:When Fate’s girls Pactio’d, did they kiss?
That’s probably the case. Of course, that’s assuming Fate has a soul.

...Interesting.

Quote:When will Zazie be active in the story?
It’s planned for her true form to be revealed in the last arc.

Yay!
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

...and just what is her true form?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Obviously, that would be telling.
===========

On the subject of Negi's age, as brought up near the end of the previous thread: I can't find the page right now, but before the big fight Negi told Jack that he'd had... I think it was seven or eight months worth of training.  But that was right before Jack put him through an extended time-compressed training session, the length of which I also can't recall -- ten days?  A month?
When he arrives at Mahora, Negi is really not quite ten yet -- his age was first given under that Asian system where you're considered a year old at birth and then add one every New Year's Eve.  I can't find a firm birthdate for him, so let's assume for the moment that he starts the series at... oh... 9 3/4 years old. Smile
So... series starts in February ... it's now early October... adding the training months, we find that Negi is ...  Call it 11 1/2?
ETA: That's October, not August. >.

Negi's ability to keep track of the time may be a little uncertain.  Negi's accelerated training starts in April, and if we presume that Eva never gives him a break (she likely didn't) and presuming that she hauled him off for a minimum of one day of training in the Diorama for each actual day, he would've lived 9-10 months in the 4-5 between the start of his apprenticeship and the trip to the Magic World.
This is assuming that she doesn't keep him aside for extra lessons, ever.
On top of this, he's had quite a bit of additional training on the side and more time compression.
He's closer to 12, I think.  Maybe even a little older.  When he goes berserk, this most recent time
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

I'm trying to figure out if Akamatsu has just managed to either cut the Gordian knot of the triangle between Yue, Nodoka, and Negi or wind it tighter.

That said, I'm sure he can make it worse anyway. :lol:
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Tighter, I think.

Leaving aside that Yue could always remember more, or simply stop denying her feelings on the matter...

I really don't think Nodoka would accept 'winning' by default like that. She admires Yue too much.
===========

But Yue has other responsibilities now; she might not want to go back to Mahora. (After all, being a Magic Knight, er, Magical Knight, is an important job...) She might be telling Nodoka what she needs to hear to be able to leave Yue behind.

Hmmmmm... Intriguing selection of characters in that double-page spread...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Fun Note: Yuuna's guns? Same ones she had at Mahorafest, she held onto them instead of giving them back. She used them, briefly, at the summer festival.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Which is interesting because they should have run out of ammo long ago.  Smile
--Sam
"It's the Iliad...?  It's Homer...?  READ A BOOK!"

Makie and Yuuna are interesting in that, of the stowaways, they're the two who either come from a magic background (Yuuna) or have started using magic (Makie). They basically landed on their feet and everything was cool for them. The other stowaways have had nothing but grief.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Chapter 287
Okay, I love Yuuna a little bit right now ...
Chris Davies.

Two weeks?!  Well there goes my carefully-worked-out timeline. Smile
Yuuna should have a talk with Konoka...
--Sam
"You bastard!  It took me months to grow that sidekick!"