Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dresden Files 12, Changes: The Spoiler-Filled Discussion Thread
Dresden Files 12, Changes: The Spoiler-Filled Discussion Thread
Last chance to back off, people!
He killed a Court.
Killed.  The Red.  Court.
ALL of them.
Holy flurking schnit, Batman. o.O;  The status quo has been kicked in the face and dropped off a tall building.  And not just any tall building, the one from the end of that stupid Tom Cruise movie where it's all a psychotherapy VR sim and they go up in that elevator and it just keeps going up, that tall building.  The war is over.
Oh, and someone plugged Harry at the end, but that's small potatoes. ^.^  Probably just some kind soul giving him a near-enough-death-experience to send the Winter Knight power back to Mab.
Rest in peace, Susan and Martin.  Your sacrifice will be remembered.
...Poor Maggie is gonna need years of therapy before she makes another appearance. Sad
--Sam
"This is graveness.  Oedipus is hurt and last night I almost had a lucid moment."
Spoileriffic
I am interested in seeing where that ending goes in the next book - one of my theories as to Harry's headaches in the previous books is that the parts of his brain damaged during the battle at the white court are healing and the voice is Lash returning to the scene.
With so much good material to choose from it is difficult to choose a favorite scene; I did really like Sanya teasing Harry about becoming the winter knight; with his stilted, cossack delivery of American street patois.  Sanya really shines in this one, having fully embraced the laughing nature of Russian tragedy.  It is a nice developement for the character.
It is my lovely wife's turn with the book; but once she has finished I am really looking forward to re-reading it.

I found the interaction between party members hilarious in this book. Sanya and Murphy, Lea and Harry, Lea and Molly... Too many to count really. In fact, Lea almost stole the book for me. Just all the revelations about her guarding his house from invasions from Never Never (and wow! That's a pretty cool revelation and explains a lot!), her pouting about not getting to sacrifice a holy virgin, and the whole plotting with Odin and some Archangel... Really fun book but now I want to know what happens next!

Indeed...

One of the most enjoyable reads I've had in a while...

Let's not forget the hound scene with Lea...I had a hard time not snickering on the bus on my way home...

Oddly enough this book just gave me a scary idea for a crossover...

Dresden Files/Nanoha xover....with Nanoha being Maggie's cover identity...
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."

werehawk Wrote:Indeed...

One of the most enjoyable reads I've had in a while...

Let's not forget the hound scene with Lea...I had a hard time not snickering on the bus on my way home...

Oddly enough this book just gave me a scary idea for a crossover...

Dresden Files/Nanoha xover....with Nanoha being Maggie's cover identity...
Heh, watch, the things beyond the 'Outer Gate' just turns out to be a TSAB Zoo/Wilderness preserve.

Ya know, guys, somebody might want to edit the pre-spoiler part of message #1 to give the casual reader at least a clue of what you are spoiling here.  I've never read The Dresden Files but was planning on dipping a toe in, and now I'm spoiled for this particular book because I didn't know "Changes" was a title, or what series it was from.   I was clear down to the 4th message before I figured it out.  Maybe naming the series you're spoiling before the spoiler space might be a good thing to start doing.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

My apologies, and I'll try to remember to do that. Sad
--Sam
"We are not ninjas.  We are a hedge.  Please move along."

While I totally saw the familicide spell being used that way once it was mentioned what it could do, that didn't make it any less awesome.
On the other hand a cliffhanger ending makes me want to go beat answers out of Jim Butcher (not to mention not getting to find out what the big deal about his island is), but apparently he knows Kung Fu...
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all.