Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie News
Movie News
So... did you know that they're making a Green Lantern movie?  I didn't until this morning -- or rather, I didn't know the project had not only been greenlighted, it was also well into its shooting schedule.
Anyway I found all this out when I stumbled upon this article discussing how they're doing the GL costume -- which is, apparently, almost entirely via CGI.  To paraphrase someone quoted in it, GL's costume has to look alien, so they're eschewing the spandex and the molded rubber, and going for something apparently that's supposed to be eye-poppingly different.  If it's what they're hoping for, I might see this movie just to see the costume.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:So... did you know that they're making a Green Lantern movie?  I didn't until this morning -- or rather, I didn't know the project had not only been greenlighted, it was also well into its shooting schedule.
The PUN! It BUUUUUURNS! Big Grin
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Unintentional.
-- Bob
---------

In other news Joss Whedon very well might be directing the Avengers movie.
-----------------
Epsilon

Whoa. Coolness.
-- Bob
---------

Epsilon Wrote:In other news Joss Whedon very well might be directing the Avengers movie.
-----------------
Epsilon
Expect closeups of Ms. Marvels feet and for Ant Man to get capped in the head at the end of the 4th act.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Herr Bad Moon Wrote:
Epsilon Wrote:In other news Joss Whedon very well might be directing the Avengers movie.
Expect closeups of Ms. Marvels feet and for Ant Man to get capped in the head at the end of the 4th act.
Uh... I think you have Whedon confused with Tarintino.
With Whedon at he helm expect Ms Marvel to be played by a petite ballerina and for Ant Man and the Wasp to have a loving relationship that will be horribly destroyed in the third act.
----------------
Epsilon

Don't forget about how things tend to get Jossed. Wink

Joss isn't just directing, now -- http://cinemablend.com/new/Joss-Whedon- ... 18113.html]he's rewriting the Captain America script as well.
-- Bob
---------

As someone who absolutely HATED Joss's run at Marvel, when he actually bothered to write his damn comics, this depresses me.

Also the last time Joss was brought in half way through production to completely rewrite a script we got Alien Resurrection.
----------------
Epsilon

...The Wasp.
She kicks ass and she's incredibly tiny.
That plus Joss Whedon is a very natural fit. Smile
--Sam
"Clowns were never meant to be so... big!"