Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wakfu!
Wakfu!
Wakfu!
Why didn't anyone tell me about this before now?
Seriously.
This stuff is awesome!
--------------
Epsilon

Perhaps because it is French and people don't look there for the awesome!

Modern Americans have no clue about history and take their entire view of the French from a fit of pique Americans had a decade ago when the French realized right away that the Iraq invasion was bogus. Anyone who knows anything about the French Resistance and other parts of French history knows that they've always been blessed with awesome, from at least as far back as Jeanne d'Arc.

And yes, that's great stuff. I've never seen it before, but it seems to ring a bell for me, as though I might have heard of it once.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

glorious. I'd love to see some RPG done up in this style.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Hm I'd always thought the disdain of the French was of more distant vintage, say from the 50s to the 80s somewhere. I seem to remember the epithet "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkies" from the Movie Gremlins.

Might have been in response to some postwar issue or other... may even have been in response to France's own Vietnam debacle.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Anyone who knows Asterix of Gaul or the Airtight Garage knows that the French have an excellent grasp of the visual graphic arts.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Verbal description for those that are YouTube impaired while underway?

blackaeronaut Wrote:Verbal description for those that are YouTube impaired while underway?
Kick ass kung fu barbarians versus demons and robots versus dragons.
------------------
Epsilon

Oooh! Is it a game? TV Series? Movie? Graphic Novel? (I suspect Game from what I've seen here.)

These are all based on Dofus and Wakfu , two related French MMORPGs written entirely in Flash.

But the links are to animation -- a TV series, I'm guessing. Subtitled in English for the French-impaired.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

There is a torrent available for episodes 1-22 for the animated series of wakfu if anyone cares.

3/4 of the way through it and the whole series has been really high quality.

It is also hilarious, despite being animated the series is still very, very French. For example, the first episode has like 3 cooking scenes.

Also, sufficient helpings of bad-assery.

Non-spoiler clip from first episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2JrWJfdoqk

Funny. I was looking at those Youtube links earlier today. Wink

You dont happen to work for a hosting company in the midwest by any chance?

Ive been pimping it in the work place pretty heavy today/yesterday.

Sorry, I work for the USN out here in Yokosuka. Wish I worked for a hosting company, then I'd get all kinds of swag.

So far just the occasional t-shirt and mug. But the connection to the internet for my work station is hard to beat :-D

VladimirTherin Wrote:...But the connection to the internet for my work station is hard to beat :-D
/:-| Just had to rub it in, didn't'cha?
Actually, it's not bad when we're in port - then they hook up the fiber optic.  But we still can't download stuff like that.  Government property and all, ya know.  Sad