Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hallo!
Hallo!
I posted a few times already as an unregistered guest. Then I got an account and for some reason never got around to posting anything for a week or two!
Well, may as well start off right and introduce myself even though most regulars have seen me around.
Been around in anime fandom a _long_ time. Since 1983. Back before there was even a wide ranging anime hobby. Back when it was only "Starblazers" and a smattering of other stuff from Matsumoto. Later my interests in anime branched out into other offerings from Japan in the sci-fi/fantasy vein.
I've always maintained an interest in american SF/&F genre shows and movies as well as comics.
Gaming. Can't forget gaming. That interest actually pre-dates my entry into anime fandom by 1 year. I started not with D&D (although I did play that before anything else ONCE at a friends behest). No - the game that drug me into Role-Playing was Traveller, from the late, lamented GDW (Game Designers Workshop). That's where I get my "handle" BTW - Logan Darklighter was my very first character in Traveller. An Imperium Scout. Rolled him up in 1982. Retired him from play sometime around 1995 or so.
And art. I've drawn since I was a kid. In fact, I remember that some of my very first drawings were of the Mach 5 from Speed Racer! They weren't very _good_ drawings. And they are long gone now. But I do remember them.
I became a fan artist shortly after getting into anime fandom in 1983. And have slowly built up my own style over the years. I've even dabbled a bit with professional work. I did a couple of ship designs for Digest Group Publications "Solomani & Aslan" - an alien races sourcebook for the MegaTraveller line. And recently in 1999, I did some artwork for the "Kazei 5" E-Book for 4th Edition Champions. (Which you can order and download at the Hero Games website at www.herogames.com)
Recently I've been in a creative slump. I haven't drawn anything of significance in almost a year. But I hope to break out of this in time. In the meantime, if you're interested, you can see some of the stuff I've done - including some of the work in the two supplements I've mentioned above - here
Discovered Drunkard's walk a while back and have been with the story since around Chapter 5 or so. I really enjoy this series and look forward to seeing what Bob has in store next! I also enjoy the forums, particularly now that the new forum is up. A lot of creativity here. And I have been really enjoying the little peeks Bob has been giving us of some of the steps that never were or might yet be. I've never lost my love of the superhero genre and Bob's got a really unique character concept going here. Cross dimensional stories and crossovers in fan-fiction are also a favorite, so we're touching most bases here. ^_^
Anyway. Introductions over. Now go back to what you were doing. ^_^
Re: Hallo!
Hey, Logan, welcome to the world of the registered!
I won't get into trading bona fides with you, except to say that I discovered Starblazers and D&D both in 1979...
...and you can probably draw anything better than I can.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.