Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Cut mahself shaving...."
"Cut mahself shaving...."
And now, ladies, gentlemen, and assorted small furry creatures from Arcturus VI, I give you the tale of Mister Jonah Hex:

http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf

Can I get a "Hell Yeah"?
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Your "Hell Yeah" has been authorized and initiated.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

...Hmmm.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

This is going to be terrible. But it may be terrible in an awesome fashion. We shall see.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

M Fnord Wrote:This is going to be terrible. But it may be terrible in an awesome fashion. We shall see.

Dude, it's Jonah Hex. It'll be Wild West Pulp at its finest. It's not going to be great theatre, but it will be fun.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Well having never actually read the source material... I'm gonna take my dad to see it. IF he can stay awake through the early exposition, we may have something. Big Grin
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

On the one hand: this is, in a fundamental way, not Jonah Hex at all.
On the other hand: it's sufficiently awesome that it doesn't matter. Smile
--Sam
"These things just don't work.  Every time we activate the Die Fledermaus signal, he disconnects his phone and leaves town for a week."

Ebony Wrote:Dude, it's Jonah Hex. It'll be Wild West Pulp at its finest. It's not going to be great theatre, but it will be fun.

Yeah, but will it be good Wild West Pulp? This could be good, or it could be Wild Wild West all over again.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

M Fnord Wrote:
Ebony Wrote:Dude, it's Jonah Hex. It'll be Wild West Pulp at its finest. It's not going to be great theatre, but it will be fun.

Yeah, but will it be good Wild West Pulp? This could be good, or it could be Wild Wild West all over again.
I posit to you, sir, that I found Wild Wild West gloriously, hilariously cheesy, and great fun to be had by all, so, your mileage may vary. *g*
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Sturgeon's Law: "Ninety percent of everything is crap."
Corollary to Sturgeon's Law: "But 60% OF that 90% is GOOD crap!"

This has come out of nowhere... I haven't heard of any news 'bout this.

I'm looking forward to it.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Kurisu Wrote:This has come out of nowhere... I haven't heard of any news 'bout this.

I'm looking forward to it.
I think I read something about it being optioned and a screenplay or two ready hidden in a news article on upcoming comic book movies. At the time fen were doing the Snoopy Dance and setting up the sacrificial alters for Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Green Hornet, Deadpool and Wonder Woman.

I'm not as I've never been into that milieu.

--Rod.H

I think I'd HEARD of it earlier from a Megan Fox interview during the blitz for Jennifer's Body or Transformers 2.

I'd just dismissed it, or forgotten about it.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll