Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nanoha Movie First
Nanoha Movie First
If you guys want to brave it, there's a fansub of a camrip of the movie floating around the torrentsphere.
Nicely done, I can't wait 'till this gets picked up, or at least a dvd/bluray version comes available.

Like the Haruhi movie, I'm going to wait until the DVD/BluRay comes out. For anyone who wants the camrip of the Nanoha movie, a torrent is available courtesy of TokyoTosho.

Can't stand camrips. I'll wait for the fansub.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Well for those who can't wait, a couple of fun notes (cut and pasted from my post at EPU forums:
(***spoiler, of
course***)
Well
2 things

1) Raising Heart has a (much more)
significant role as a character, in teaching Our Heroine to wield her
magic:
RH: Speed and Power are essential in combat, but there
are more important things. Do you know what it is?
N: Uh, the
resolve to win?
RH: Good answer, but what else?
N: Um...

RH: Wisdom and Tactics. How to fly and shoot and the theory and
practice of aerial combat. I will teach you these things.

(All
of this done as Virtual Reality training while she's zoning out in
school.) Tongue

2) The Movie also has
action scenes that are better than anything prior. Yes, even A's.

---

(O_O) You mean this is the movie that covers that time between the first and second seasons!? GAAAHHHH! And we just started our 3-month underway period. (-_-Wink

Actually, BA, it's more of a retelling of the first season redone to fit into a 2 hour movie.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

OpMegs Wrote:Actually, BA, it's more of a retelling of the first season redone to fit into a 2 hour movie.
That being said, you may wanna use it as your source material for DSKS:  it's a cleaner, focused telling.  I can summarize the bits that are different, but it's mainly putting in the details from the manga, and editing out pretty much all the background characters (the Takamachi family are shown, but with no lines, for eample), except Arisa and Suzuka.

*casts resurrection*

I finally got around to watching my .jp-sourced DVD of this. It's not that bad, considering that the only exposure I've had to the source is the odd youtube extract, scanlations & fanfics. Actually this gave a better explanation behind Precia Testarossa's One Bad Day then what I'd expected: GENOM-esc exec pulled a BP on her project. Ugh. Hence triggering her gradual downfall into insanity. Y'know, off-camera Precia & Dr Freeze are probably members of the same support group.

It's a bit weird on the english translation- Arf become Alf-, but then I've only one other DVD from japan with studio english-subs to compare with: Ghost in The Shell.

Also the first transform sequences for Nanoha & Fate. Um ya like that's not gonna cause problems with a two certain cities ban. Not to mention certain country's Customs & Censorship bodies. I can just see the OFLC rating it now: "Refused Classification, unless you either cut, blur or overexpose those scenes out." (and when I checked the websites' database no Nanoha-verse material is present)

--Rod.H