Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm....new toy
Hmm....new toy
Well the title is self-explainitory for i've got my hands on a iPad. So far I'm rather liking it....two hours into having it in my hands that is. I can see where some who are complaining about the lack of a true keyboard are coming from though. As the touchscreen keyboard takes some getting used to. Still it's loads better to use than that kludge of a interface the psp has for it's text entry system. As for missing flash things on webpages....meh! If it's on YouTube the internal parser works fine. Just not for all youtube videos as there's some in the music thread which aren't available.

Now all I need to test is how it handles the documents I get sent to tell me how to do my work. Which most of the time I only need to read once & add or subtract to from previous work. IT installations, the paperwork never ends!

--Rod.H
"Joy, I can now see why someones selling novelty iPad styluses"

There's an app that does Flash, I hear.
As somebody who fiddles w/ iPads daily at work, I can agree on the keyboard thing, too.  Tactile response is a wonderful thing, as is auditory response.
Also, why would you seriously try to input text on a *PSP*?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Why would you want to input text on a psp? Well entering a web address comes to mind for starters, then there's login, etc. The only thing that I never used Text entry for on a psp is posting a reply to well anything on the net. I don't know why I really bother using the psp's web browser, as i'd mainly used it when I didn't have a pc handy, the screen size...ugh!!

Hmm, I just thought of a use for a psp though covert wardriving, just add the gps module and a program like netstumbler.

--Rod.H

Heh... I'll admit to doing that with a PSP. But I also use the Internet radio option for when I'm sitting at my desk at work.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

I'm liking the comic viewing apps the iPad has, it stomps all over the one Sony added to the PSP. Mostly due to the screen size and the interface. What I'm not liking is the limited range of comics available, though I was surprised to see a sample of Ninja High School.

Now I just need Gold Diggers & Deadpool on a season pass and I'll be right.....