Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the DW world, and yet not
New to the DW world, and yet not
Hello! *waves* My name is Amanda. You may know me as the author of BGC Next Gen, Farewell to Arms, and Half Moon ^_^ Bob also used a version of Yumeko in
DWII.

The subject title is a reference to the fact that although my chara was used in DW, I have never really actually read any of it T_T* I guess the sheer size is
intimidating me, LOL! (I wonder if people feel the same way when they see mine) Well, guess I better start somewhere...

(Shameless plug: http://www.fanfiction.net/~purpleknightsaber)

--Amanda
"Hey, it's not like dying is on my schedule for this week."
--Yumeko Asagiri, Bubblegum Crisis: The Next Generation, part 3

Hi, Amanda! Nice to see another familiar face in the crowd...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

*waves to Rob*

There a Cliff Notes version of DW, or do I gotta do it the hard way? lol

--Amanda

Ultra-lite version: The metahuman Doug Sangnoir, while trying to get back to his home reality, visits a whole bunch of universes and shakes things up.

Wow; despite being accurate, that really doesn't capture the spirit of the stories. I guess you'll have to do it the hard way... http://www.eclipse.net/~rms/dwmain.shtml]%[link=http://www.eclipse.net/~rms/dwmain.shtml]http://www.eclipse.net/~rms/dwmain.shtml]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hey Amanda! I've already thrown a welcome your way elsewhere in the forums, but here's another one! Glad to have you on board, and yeah, Rob's
right, there's no quick and easy summary. I will note that there is a FAQ file for DW overall and a Concordance for each separate story, which may help you
with things. You can find them in the website menu.

Aside from that, I just need to tell you the forum rules (and if I don't, Rob or someone will get on my case ): 1) Have fun, and 2) Play nice.

Thanks for joining us!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Oh, I always play nice ^_^

Glad to say I've read through the first five chapters of DWII, but now it's time for bed. Hope to finish the rest of it tomorrow =o

And goodness, I didn't realize what a...character Doug is, especially in battle! He's actually quite fun to read! I can imagine Yumeko watching him,
slapping her face and letting her hand run down her face slowly as she lets out a loud groan of embarrassment. To say the least. And given she's
Priss' daughter, she'd almost certainly know the majority of the songs he sings. Cue her subconsciously joining in on the singing??

--Amanda

I'm glad you're enjoying. I can't wait to see what your reactions are when you're done with all of DW2, now...
-- Bob
---------

Whew! I am done! And what can I say, it was a heck of a ride, and I'm glad things worked out between Doug and the KS ^_^ The way chapter
9 ended, I was really worried! The way Doug came up with a way to 'free' all the Boomers was pretty cool too. I never would've been able to think
of something like that on my own. Kudos to you on that!

What about DWIII, huh? I'd sure love to see some of that!

--Amanda

Still in the works. Right now, after DW5, the most likely candidates for the next part to be written are, in order of likelihood, DW13 (Helen and I have spent
the last 16 weeks or so rewatching BTVS season 5 and rebuilding the story arc to include Doug), DW?? (Sailor Moon) and DW8 (Harry Potter).
-- Bob
---------

Well, whenever you get to it is fine. I guess as long as you get something done on the others, it's all good =o

(So I suppose all the mulling going on on the FFML may not come to fruition for a while yet, eh? Wink )

--Amanda

Not necessarily -- If we can come up with an idea that motivates us to launch into a project, it will certainly end up on the active list. Even at my most
productive, the writing of any one story takes me a surprisingly small fraction of my day. I can certainly run in parallel with two or more projects.
-- Bob
---------

You're the one who came up with the idea first, so I'll ask -- where would you drop Doug in at? Like I said on the FFML, even if it's at a point
post-Half Moon I'm sure we could think of something for him to do ^_^ Any point would probably work, actually.

--Amanda

Hi I'm IloveDoug, and as the tile says, I love Doug. I'm new and I've already finished the Robot rules of order. I'm onto the Oh! My Goddess
one.

Well, hello, IloveDoug... welcome to the forums. And might I say your handle strikes me as just borderline stalkerish enough to make me nervous?
-- Bob
---------

Hello all, nice to see you here. I have to admit I rarely talk but I do wander through on occasion. Smile

Don't mind him, though, IloveDoug. He loves the attention. Wink

Yes, welcome!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll