Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vatican Endorses Blues Brothers
Vatican Endorses Blues Brothers
I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

Quote:AORMINA, Sicily (Hollywood Reporter) – When Jake and Elwood Blues, the protagonists in John Landis' cult classic "The Blues Brothers," claimed they were on a mission from God, the Catholic Church apparently took them at their word.

On the 30th anniversary of the film's release, "L'Osservatore Romano," the Vatican's official newspaper, called the film a "Catholic classic" and said it should be recommended viewing for Catholics everywhere.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

The Penguin's got connections!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

They... they watched the movie first, right?
--------------
Epsilon

Maybe the Vatican's a bit more hip than we thought?
???
Someone better tell Benny the Strict that the Illinois Nazi Party weren't the heroes.

Maybe they think this will divert attention away from all their self-inflicted problems...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Well, you really oughta also look at the film in comparison to other stuff that's out there right now. In fact, it could even be considered 'high-art' by today's standards. I mean, look at films like the Scary Movie series - people actually watch that stuff with their kids.

And then there's my favorite from back in my days of working in a movie theatre - the parents that get irate when they can't just drop their kids off to watch an R-rated movie by themselves. Some of these films are not fit at all for family viewing. You know the ones - those that have the explicit sex scenes that are worthy of 'Skinimax' and really should have been branded with an NC-17-rating. It boggles the mind why they're able to get away on technicalities.

Quote:And then there's my favorite from back in my days of working in a movie theatre - the parents that get irate when they can't just drop their kids off to watch an R-rated movie by themselves. Some of these films are not fit at all for family viewing. You know the ones - those that have the explicit sex scenes that are worthy of 'Skinimax' and really should have been branded with an NC-17-rating. It boggles the mind why they're able to get away on technicalities.
That fails to suprise me. Back when I worked at Wal-Mart I had to explain to parents that maybe a game called Grand Theft Auto wasn't really appropriate for a 12 year old.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all.