Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afternoon'
Afternoon'
Or Good morning, or good evening... depending on where you are in the world. Some of you may know me already... I found DW a couple of months back, but just got around to registering on the forums there recently.

How to introduce myself...

Well, there's not much to say is there? I am, as they say, only myself. I've been around in the Evangelion fandom for a bit, which is where some of you might remember me from. I hail from the merry old land of Ireland, completed a bachelor of Mechatronic engineering last year, a graduate diploma in IT this year... and well, that sounds more like a job interview. I play 40k... or used to until the price went through the roof.

I'm really not sure what else to say, other than it's a pleasure to meet you all.

--Dartz

Hello, greetings, welcome, and all that jazz!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Dartz and I have run into each other more than a few times on TVTropes, so he's far from a stranger, and he's the creator of the 25-mm scale Doug figure that I added to the DW gallery page a couple months back. Oh, and Dartz, in case you didn't know, DW6 is going to be Evangelion...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I saw that, I've been nosing around in that subforum for a while. It looks like it could be real fun. TvTropes is how I found DW, actually... that site's great for finding interesting things you wouldn't normally come across.

Thanks for the welcome Smile

* tears self away from the Onemanga/scanlation topic in General*
Hello and welcome!
I'd just like to say I really enjoyed reading your self-insert works, Yours Truly, New Perspective Evangelion and its predecessor. Thanks ever so much for the entertainment. Big Grin

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. That's what they're there for, after all. (And for the sole purpose of proving that it was possible to do without being completely fail)

You might want to drop by the Fenspace forum some time. We like self-inserts there, and we're always looking for new writers...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I had a look at it.... I might have to browse deeper because it seems a lot of fun. However, I really don't want to step on anyone's toes. Hmmm.... maybe I could ressurect the Eirtakruiser...

Oh and Wengfook, the next part of New Perspective is actually done. It just needs a prereader to clean it up.

You should find no shortage of potential prereaders here, should you be in need of one.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.