Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on with Seraphic Feather and Dark Horse?
What's going on with Seraphic Feather and Dark Horse?
So I'm wandering around the Amazon store when I go ahead and type in 'Seraphic Fearther' into the search box. And they have volumes 7, 8, and 9 in stock. In French. A little bit of reading later and I find that volume 9 was released 2003 in Japan (2005 for the French edition). Heck, event the German editions are up to vol.9.

And a bit later I see pre-release info for volumes 10 and 11 in Japanese for November and March next year respectively.

OK, so I can understand the author getting tired of it or getting involved with other projects and such. But why the heck has Dark Horse not released them in English? Have they lost the licence since 2006 when they released vol.6 (Which was 3 years after vol.5, itself 2 years after vol.4), or what?

Oh, and I bought the French editions. Need to brush up on my atrophied French.

Give a message here if you have any issue with your atrophied French, as I'm a bilingual french/english speaker from quebec. And I've got all of Seraphic feather till 9 in french already, so I know the context.
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

Welcome to the forums, Seraviel!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Wait, they released it past volume 4?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:Wait, they released it past volume 4?
Yes, they got up to volume 6. According to their site, all volumes are in print (Amazon seems to have them all in stock).

Now that I'm not posting just just after buying (and calmed down a bit from my rant, sorry about that), I can look at my shelves and get publishing info:

Volume 4: Published Oct 2003
Volume 5: Published Jan 2005
Volume 6: Published Jan 2006

That's the bit that gets me. If the material was available at the time, why didn't they keep releasing? Hell, one a year would have satisfied me. But four years? That's why I was wondering if they lost the license or something.

Well, dang. I could never find anything past volume four in English.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.