Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Is So Hot My Soap Melted
It Is So Hot My Soap Melted
No, seriously. It is fucking hot. I went to take a (cold) shower and when i picked up my bar of soap it melted in my hands. Holy fuck.
I can't think in this weather...
---------------
Epsilon

Wait, whereabouts do you live?

The same city I live in. And neither of us have working A/C at the moment, so we can't beat the heat by visiting each other.

Stay hydrated, Epsilon. It's literally necessary, to survive this heat wave...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Sounds like the summer I spent in Chicago, most of which I spent facedown in the bathtub with the cold water going.

It's pretty bad here, too.. we're looking at a high of almost 70 degrees this weekend, it's horrible!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Current temperature in Montreal: 29 C (84.2 F)

temperature felt (aka with humidex) : 39 C (102.2 F)

It's actually colder now than it was for most of the week.
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

Huh, that's not hot. Come back when it's 40+ C, then complain.

That's about where I'd like the heater to be set at but can't cos it works best at 20-26C.

--Rod.H

Wow. Ok. I may live in one of the hottest states in the US, but at least I have working AC. My sympathies.

Rod H Wrote:Huh, that's not hot. Come back when it's 40+ C, then complain.
If that includes the humidex, then we can complain. It's been in the mid-30s all week, with humidex pushing that up to the low-to-mid-40s. (For the metrically-impaired, core temperature in a healthy adult averages 37.) I just got out of a cold shower five minutes ago. My body is already covered in sweat.

Thank Prime, the forecast low for tonight is 19 - that's the first break we've had all week.
--
Rob Kelk

This calls for a playing of "Heatwave" by Martha and the Vandelas. Has anyone tried the old fry the egg on a hot plate yet?
I can't really complain here in "sunny" Cali...June gloom has become July gloom...cool and overcast in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. You'd think we were in England in the summer.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

We just had our heatwave break, after a fashion; it's still Muggy as hell, but it's "we're USED to this soup" summer temps.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

It just broke here, too - the temperature's dropped 5 degrees (9-10 degrees F) in the last three hours, and it's still going down. All the windows are open, despite the continuing thunderstorm warning...
--
Rob Kelk

Ours broke yesterday, and we actually had rain today. Current temp is 82 Fahrenheit.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Don't talk to me about rain... It hasn't actually been *incredibly* hot here, but the humidity was insane for a while.

Thankfully, that seems to have passed. Still warmer than I'd like, but basically tolerable.

-Morgan.

5 thirty in the afternoon, still 92. Insane humidity.

No can brainz. Dey melted
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Where they live in Mass, my parents really wish they had rain. Their lawn, which was beautiful and green a month ago, is now brown all over. It's been similar conditions here in Vermont as everyone else (low-, mid-nineties with ridiculous humidity), but we've managed to get a little rain here and there.

Every 3-4 we've been getting thunderstorms... it's rained so much, the grass in the yard has fungus in it. Heck of a time trying to keep the dogs out of the 'srooms.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

And the people over here in Los Angeles are complaining about the weather here. Spoiled bunch, eh?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Woof, woof, man.... Grrr..... Duuuude...
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

*Snerk* Yeah, I'd take LA's June/July Late night early morning low clouds and more moderate temps over what I've got right now...

In fact, I think I will come August. If I can ever find an apartment to move into.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Local Weather
We had some rain last night that seems to have cut the humidity somewhat. I just checked the national weather service and found this: (Albany, NY)
Current Conditions: Humidity 67%, mostly cloudy, 80 degrees, heat index 83 degrees.
Late Afternoon: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near
78. North northwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tonight:
A slight chance of showers. Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise,
mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Light north northwest wind. Chance
of precipitation is 20%.

It's gonna be a hot weekend...over 100 degrees!..which means...beach time!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Man, it's so goddamn cold. I wish the winter would end already and it would warm up!

...what? ;p

Laugh while you can, antipodean-boy...
--
Rob Kelk

Seems when I made my last post the worst was yet to come... The heat index yesterday got up to 117. x.x

-Morgan.

Ayiekie Wrote:Man, it's so goddamn cold. I wish the winter would end already and it would warm up!

...what? ;p

Do you not know what you are saying? Here!?! On a forum with inhabitants who for six months or more of the year they have to deal with frozen water. Y'know, that stuff called snow! Quick off to Hobart we must transport you for we might get lucky and find the ANARE/P&O icebreaker on which to smuggle you on board for a little trip, south.

I only truly start complaining 'bout cold when it gets to single digits either side of 0C. Usually by then the heater's stopped working and I've decamped to bed.

--Rod.H