Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gee, they must really want to spread the addiction......
Gee, they must really want to spread the addiction......
...that is WoW!

I picked up StarCraft 2 today and found inside the box, multiple cards of guest passes - two each for WoW & SC2. Anyone interested or is the philosophical disagreement for what the new management tried to do just too great.
Other than that why did I buy it, I like RTS's and I've been playing 'em since Dune 2 and have even finished playing the campaigns of some (Supreme Commander-series mostly for there I can turtle & curbstomp to my hearts content).

Codes, if wanted will be emailed.

--Rod.H (who's still yet to play StarCraft)
"I've got it here somewhere......."

Well, I've had my fill of WoW for another few years. Though I would be curious as to how the new StarCraft is looking. Saw an ad that nVidia is giving away demos of SC2 with some of their top-end cards, but that was some odd 7 hours playtime or 14 days activation (whichever ran out first), which makes me wonder just what sort of madness they're pulling. You can drop me a line via the PMs or though alinaswift@hotmail (Spammers eat your heart out)

Also: Get the StarCraft Battle Chest. It's like 10 dollars for both game&expansion.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Ankhani Wrote:Well, I've had my fill of WoW for another few years.
The numbers like that must be rising for them to make Cataclysm, aside from updating the game engine.
Quote:Though I would be curious as to how the new StarCraft is looking.
Rather sweet at 1680*1050 on a 9800GTX+ & all setings defaulting to ultra. Rather better looking than C&C 4.....
Quote:Saw an ad that nVidia is giving away demos of SC2 with some of their top-end cards, but that was some odd 7 hours playtime or 14 days activation (whichever ran out first), which makes me wonder just what sort of madness they're pulling.
Well it's a consistent madness, for that's the same limitation with these passes. I think they're working on the theory that once you've downloaded the client+game and then gone for that long without ragedeleting you just might decide to pick up a permanent activation key. Then on the other hand if your in South Korea and you actively play WoW, SC2's thrown in for free. Until you stop playing WoW, that is.
Quote:You can drop me a line via the PMs or though alinaswift@hotmail (Spammers eat your heart out)
In route via PM....now!
Quote:Also: Get the StarCraft Battle Chest. It's like 10 dollars for both game&expansion.
I've got that, mainly for the game-guide books. I just need to find where I put the disks. I think they're somewhere in my backlog pile/box.

--Rod.H

Have the codes been claimed? If not, I respectfully request the opportunity to do business with you, Rod H.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Per @DaemeonX, SC2 single-handedly saved his family from a fire and rebuilt the house, all the while solving his spraying issues with his ferrets.

This is doubly impressive, considering @DaemeonX doesn't _have_ ferrets.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

As per SC2 'guest' codes, I've got a pair of SC2 and WoW up for grabs as well if anyone is interested.

I wouldn't mind a code for WoW. I'd been thinking about re-upping my subscription just to poke around see what's what. (Yes I deplore what Blizzard did. But they have reversed themselves on that (for now) so it's relatively safe (for now). And hey, why pay them MONEY when I'm still just a bit ticked off at them? Hehehehe ^_^

email: logan DOT darklighter AT gmail.com 

I'm sure you can figure the above out, right?

Want to know about starcraft2?  I think Angry Joe pretty much sums it up in all it's awsome.  I also have them goofy cards (2 each) if anyone wants them.
http://angryjoeshow.com/2010/07/starcraft-ii-review/
"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons."
-Chief Engineer Boris Kraus of Nuln

Logan Darklighter Wrote:I wouldn't mind a code for WoW. I'd been thinking about re-upping my subscription just to poke around see what's what. (Yes I deplore what Blizzard did. But they have reversed themselves on that (for now) so it's relatively safe (for now).
It's currently opt-in for Real ID,
Quote:I'm sure you can figure the above out, right?
Yep, added the missing danish. & what not

Thanks for the code. I updated my game client. But I can't figure out how to apply the code to my account yet. Any pointers? (never used a code from a friend before)
Also - Is this for a standard month of game time? Or is this a short guest pass? (Might help find the right place to put the code)
EDIT: Nevermind! I found it! (And yes it's a trial. Well it'll let me check things out at least, which is all I really wanted.)

Northrend is awesome.  The only problem is doing stuff there if you don't have at least a level 68 toon, as by this point both the old world and even Outland are kinda pathetic in comparison.
Which, of course, is why the old world will be completely altered in a few months.
How extensive will the Cataclysm changes be?  Let me put it this way: I want to level a character through Stranglethorn Vale. Smile
--Sam
"At least I have chicken."

Well crap. I hoped the code would apply to my existing account. No such luck. Ah well. It's been so long since I played that leveling up a newbie toon might be good practice to "get my eye in" so to speak.

There's not much to do about it at this point, but I've noticed that the Client thus provided from yon code is a SE Asia/Aussie/New Zealand regional. It should be interesting to see if/how this differs from the North America version.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

Ankhani Wrote:There's not much to do about it at this point, but I've noticed that the Client thus provided from yon code is a SE Asia/Aussie/New Zealand regional. It should be interesting to see if/how this differs from the North America version.
There should be no difference on the single-player side of things, it's the multi-player that has it! Apparently it's been region locked or the NA servers have been walled off from my region, either way mp is not something I plan to do until I get use to playing SC2 (for some reason attack move stays active till canceled) for I'll no doubt get pwned by a South Korean! Wink

--Rod.H

They plan to let everyone play on the NA servers "with in 60 days of launch" but keep us folk off your servers. (See the bottom of the angryjoe review)
---

I've got SC2 & WoW guest passes again if anyone want's one. I think they might even be NA region compatible, as my collectors edition copy of Heart of The Swarm has stickers of the local classification applied over the top of the ESRB. And yes I went to the midnight launch too...