Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Leap -- The Movie
Quantum Leap -- The Movie
Apparently http://perezhilton.com/2010-08-09-quant ... -the-movie]Donald Bellisario's announced that he's working on a script for a motion picture version of Quantum Leap.  Unfortunately, other than the obvious announcement that the original cast is a bit too old to take over their original roles, there seems to be nothing more available on this.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I remember that when it went off the air there was a lot of speculation that any movie or new series would be about Sam's daughter leaping to find him.

Oh yeah, I have something from that period in my quotes file. Lessee... right:
Quote:Theorizing that one could time travel within one's own lifetime, Dr. Samuel Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator, and vanished. Five years later, his illegitimate daughter from one of his leaps, Dr. Sammi Fuller, found a way to retrieve her father, but then vanished into the accelerator taking the knowledge with her. And so, Dr. Fuller finds herself leaping from life to life..." -- Quantum Leap, the Next Generation (Christine Gregory, Usenet)
-- Bob
---------

I have only one thing to say..

Oh boy.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

And then there's...
Quote:Theorizing he could space travel within his own galaxy, Captain Jonathan Archer stepped onto the bridge of the Enterprise and vanished...
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Theorizing he could space travel within his own galaxy, Captain Jonathan Archer stepped onto the bridge of the Enterprise and vanished...
Can't you see it, he leaps in and hears "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!" What an "Oh Boy" moment that would be. ^_^

Actually, a Trek: Enterprise/Quantum Leap xover would be loads of fun, if only for the look-in-the-mirror moments...
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Actually, a Trek: Enterprise/Quantum Leap xover would be loads of fun, if only for the look-in-the-mirror moments...
Well, IIRC there was the one Quantum Leap episode where Sam traveled beyond the boundaries of his own lifetime by leaping into the life of an ancestor during the Civil War, so a leap into a descendant in the future wouldn't be unprecedented. This could make a great fanfic.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

And back in the 90s there were a number of Classic Trek/TNG crossovers with QL by virtue of the standard Trek "take the ship back in time" device. So there are a number of ways to implement the idea.
-- Bob
---------

Help me out here... I seem to remember on the first episode of Enterprise Scott Bakula actually said the infamous catchphrase.

Was it my imagination?
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Bob, I think you are thinking about the DS9 episode titled Trials and Tribble-ations wherein the Defiant is sent back in time and space to where to the events of the Original Series episode The Trouble With Tribbles. They did a lot of great remastering and insertions, particularly with the bar-fight scene. (^_^)
EDIT: which reminds me, Jadzia Dax wearing the old women's Starfleet Duty Uniform, self-introducing with the words, "And women wore less."  RAWR!

I mean fanfics. I still have that ep of DS9 on tape, and it's not what I was referring to.
-- Bob
---------