Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Greetings
I was drawn to this forum when a person I know from another forum pointed me at your thread about the TVTropes issues, but I think I've got some mutual interests with the folks here in any case. I'm an avid gamer (both video and RPG), comic-reader, anime-watcher, and more. If it's a stereotypically nerdy hobby, I've probably done it.
So, Hi, I'm J.R., it's very nice to meet you all.
I play City of Heroes from time to time - though honestly just a couple of times a year at this point. I maintain my VIP membership there mostly out of inertia.
I've played  (and own) dozens of roleplaying games, including an extensive collection of GURPS materials (though I prefer Mutants and Masterminds for most of my superhero gaming). I currently run games in D&D 3.5 and Mutants and Masterminds.
I'm currently working my way through ZZ Gundam and Gurren Lagann and Air Gear .. and I probably would be getting further, faster if I learned to focus on one at a time. I'm also reading manga versions of Tenjo Tenge, Negima, and Soul Eater as time permits - in addition to my regular Western comic book reading.
Now, I've never been an avid consumer or producer of Fan Fiction, but I have done lots of roleplaying (both in tabletop form and in online forums) with established properties, which is somewhat similar. Particularly the forum based version, which was like cooperatively written fan fiction. I did, however, write a single piece of fan-fiction for a contest - a contest that later fell apart due to lack of entries.
So, hi!

Hi, J.R.! Welcome to the madhouse... er, the forums!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Let's see if my avatar will show up now..

Looks like the forums are having a few technical problems right now. Check back later for your avatar...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Well, it showed up once. I was just surprised that when I added it, my first post didn't retroactively get it.  No big deal. Just figuring out how things work..

Welcome, Nylor, and you might want to wait until Yuku's over its latest cerebral hemmorhage before you despair of things not appearing.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Seems to have mostly stabilized now, fortunately.

I had a lot of issues getting my avatar to display too.  You have to upload, then click it, then click it again, and finally click "Make Profile Pic".  It's a surprisingly complicated process.  Or, at least, it's hard to find the link to do what you want.
Anyway, welcome to the forums, and it's good to have another RPer around.
-- ∇×V

Nice to be here! Yes, I think I have the avatar sorted now.