Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNF is coming?
DNF is coming?
As found in the stories here, Duke Nukem Forever is apparently coming closer to being non-vaporware with Gearbox showing a limited-level playable demo at PAX - on Xbox 360's at that! Seeing that's gonna be running on the main gaming system pyramid of PC/PS3/X360 there's no way the PC I'd spec'd to run DNF on back in the day would even be able to run it.

Now all we need's for someone to do a SE of Duke Nukem 3D.....

--Rod.H

Meanwhile in hell, demons have been dropping dead of hypothermia.

Though, I'm sure there's more than a few copies of it in the Whole Fenspace Catalogue. 3DRealms had to have finished it at some point, somewhere....

Always bet on Duke.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

As I replied to Wil Wheaton earlier this week, they can't release Duke Nukem Forever this year. It's two years too early.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Hmm, according to a news bit on Kotaku [link DNF's being penciled down for a release on Feb 1, 2010. The Commentariat think a April 1, 2010 date is probably the more correct one. Mostly for the epic lolz factor that date has.

... Is that a typoe? Do you mean 2011 and not 2010?

Ah, its either a typo or an over-corrective spellchecker. But yeah I meant 2011, still there's some who might think I meant 2012.

Meanwhile, down in hell, Satan is freezing his tail off and yelling at the boiler daemons:
"You turned off EVERYTHING? Do you know how long it takes to get the PILOT LIT????"

*pops a rez*

And in news to hand guess what's in pre-order. I'm amazed that wallyworld's offering a basic cap as their incentive. I mean the one on offer here is way better. It has a bottle opener!

Still leaves me with what edition and where to get it from. PC? X360? Standard or BoS? JB? EB? Oh the pondering.

--Rod.H

Oh joy....Steam has DNF unlocking in two hours and Amazon has the BoS edition coming out on the 15th! Argh! The decisions, I've stuck to the PC version so that leaves me with Steam now or wait for Amazon. I'm surprised there's no local midnight releases.

http://www.pcgamer.com/20...ke-nukem-forever-review/

In other news, unseasonable cold snap in the depths of hell, Shergar found alive and well, and Roy Keane to return to play in an Ireland jersey.

*cues up Grabbag*
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

[Image: 9_4df7beeb8d78a.jpg]
Duke finaly makes into the light of day.
in ohter news, Hell is suffering Blizzards and a flock of pigs has been sighted. Tongue

It's apparently not that good

Which runs contrary to some anecdotal evidence I've been hearing in IRC and the like, where people enjoy it greatly. Sometimes it makes me wonder if any reviewer would admit to finding it fun. Or are we just not as smart and highbrow?

I suspect that it's an issue of a game that was technically finished five or ten years ago, being released into a market that's passed it by.

I'll probably enjoy it, since I tend to like my gaming 'old school', but it likely doesn't live up to the amount of 'development time' it had on it.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

It's bad. I enjoy it, like watching a really, really bad movie.