Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lurker delurks...
A lurker delurks...
Hi, my screenname is Tennie, and I go by tennessean (note the lower-case "t") over on TV Tropes.  I first came here after seeing a link to a story that was posted on that site, several years ago.  However, I've been having a number of ideas that I felt that I should post on these forums, rather than letting them stay in my head and go to waste.  So last night I finally decided to screw up my courage and become a member of this forum.  I intend to have as a good a time here as I can, and I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts and ideas here!

Welcome to the forums, Tennie! If you've been lurking, I'm sure you know the rules -- 1) Have fun and 2) Play nice.

Had I known you were a TVTropes habituee, though, I would have warned you against revealing your troper handle -- people can and have been banned from TVT simply for participating in discussions here. If any of Fast Eddie's toadies are still monitoring the forums, your tropership may be at risk.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeah, I saw some of those threads on that subject.  I'll at least try to be careful with that.

Incidentally, I know of some of the goings-on and why you decided to leave, and I have also seen many of the criticisms (from all sides) of that site.  In addition, I also want to offer what I hope would be some constructive criticism of your proposed TVT competitor/alternative site; I feel that there are some issues that would be better off being nipped in the bud, rather than being allowed to fester for a dangerously long while (which was the situation that TVT found itself in).  I plan to add more details in the requisite thread on these forums.  Until the project takes off, I'll try to watch my back.

Hello and welcome...., I was going to suggest you drop by the Fenspace forum and have a go, but I see you've posted over there already...

Just try not to become a mindless parasitic spammer like me and you'll do fine ;P

Thanks, Dartz.  The Fenspace stuff gave me such a number of ideas that it helped to push me into finally joining.

And besides, some information in several articles on the Fenspace wiki reminded me of the information in those links that I posted in that thread, so I viewed them as useful brainstorming fuel and posted them as such.  My first day here and I feel welcomed and at home already! Smile

Nonetheless, I'll at least try to heed your warning (of course, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up going down the same road that you're on, but still...).