Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Access Anime... Now on Justin.tv
Public Access Anime... Now on Justin.tv
Do you like anime? Do you like anime in VHS format? This this is the channel for you.
Ive been doing this the past couple of weeks, so im just trying to find anyone who might be interested in it. The idea is simple, i have anime on vhs, and i wanna show them on the internet. I think in the future i can do dvds and what not, but that will come at a later time. I also do video games every now and then that i wanna show off.
But here is the link: CLICK HERE
My showings are at sundays at around 9pm EST. So... come check it out! Hope to see you soon.Public Access Anime : My Justin.tv channel.

uuuhhhmmm... is that legal? Because if I recall the copyright messages that are included on all home media (whether it be BETA, VHS, Laser Disc, DVD, BD) it says that it is for home exhibition only and not for public exhibition.

The phrasing is for "private home exhibition only", which pretty much precludes showing it over the internet in any form, except where specifically excluded by copyright law -- such as for educational purposes.  Which this is fairly obviously not.
That said, from working cons I can tell you that the rights holders are often quite accommodating if they are contacted in advance with a reasonable, polite request.  If you have done so and they agreed to the showing then you'd be covered.  I don't get the impression you've done that, however.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs