Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sintel, and blender
Sintel, and blender
Here's another (youtube) link, in case you missed it:

Like Logan said, this was made with open source 3-D software, called Blender.
Something of note is that the movie took a dozen developers a year to make. I'm not quite sure if this meant 2000 hour/person for a year or not, but nonetheless it's a lot of time.� Even a few short years ago, this wouldn't have been possible--Blender (both the software and the community) wasn't far enough along.�
Blender's main bar to entry is its UI. It is VASTLY different and eccentric of pretty much anything else out there. Rather like Unix shell commands, once you become one with blender, it's fairly fast and efficient, with a minimum of mouse clicks and holds. It just takes most people new to 3-D several months to get comfortable with it.

Actually, it was I who mentioned it, because I am a blenderhead. Use it for all the work I did for an OS theme park game called Theme Park Builder 3d
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Have you tinkered around with the 2.5x version(s)? I've played a bit with the 2.4 version and it's quite a lot to get used to, both the UI and the concepts behind what you're doing. How did you learn blender (or 3-d art design)?

Star: that site you linked is... rather fascist, I'd say.  And if they're interested at all in getting people, might I humbly suggest that Gmail, at the very least, be removed from their "don't bother you suck" list?
I like theme parks and building them, but I'll be damned if I'm going to find another email provider just because someone doesn't know how to configure spambot filters properly on their forums.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

I dont think I've migrated to 2.5 yet because its still in Alpha release. To date All the work I've done is in 2.3 and 2.4. I really wound up teaching myself, mostly through trial and error, cause I had a case of wouldnt it be cool if...

Started actually with DOGA and worked my way up. To me the UI didnt feel that counter intuative, but thats because I didnt really have much of anything to unlearn.

They dont allow Gmail addy's Spud? I'll drop Slickdude a line about that, but I cant really promise if he'll listen.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

As for spam prevention I think they're working on the premise of if you're using a domain on the list from here: http://www.stopforumspam.com/ your a filthy spammer and should have your net privileged permanently revoked blah blah blag blah. *insert Elite smiley here*

As for the theme park sim, I've enough difficulty as it is playing the classic game Theme Park, without even contemplating a full out sim.

--Rod.H

Blocking all the common free email providers doesn't seem like a good way to get friends. '.'

-Morgan.