Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Effect 2 Insanity Speed run on the Collector Base (video)
Mass Effect 2 Insanity Speed run on the Collector Base (video)
 Have you guys SEEN THIS?!

I got pretty effusive in the comment I just left (sheepish grin), but this guy deserved the praise.  
Quote:"I've played Vanguard myself. So far it's my favorite class. I've even seen impressive footage of them before, but I have NEVER seen ANYTHING like THAT!
You got STRAIGHT into every collector's face and PWNED them! And put a BOOT so far up Harbinger's ass that when he disintegrated each time you were HIGH-STEPPING!"

I didn't even know that Tali HAD any dialog like "Everything is fine, Shepard, I'll call you if I need anything."  O_O 

Heh, and I thought one-shotting Harbinger and 2-3 shotting the Thresher Maw with the Widow was fun, that looks fun and very hectic.

Here are a few more amazing things I noticed upon watching this again (for what must be coming up on 18 times now!).
1: He NEVER uses the game pause except at the beginning. And I think that was only so he could show us what his setup was. Otherwise it was all spontaneous improvisational play.
2: He (the player) sees something, he reacts, BOOM. In military terms - he is inside the enemy OODA Loop. (Observe, Orient, Decide, Act) Even if he makes a momentary mistake, he focuses and is on to the next tactical choice before the game AI really has a chance to act.
3: (Related to 1) He uses the hotkeys and uses them well. Several times in this segment, he "lights up" a target with his targeting reticle and has his teammates both use Warp. At least once I saw him do this while the targeting reticle merely brushed a drone as it was flying in! Often at the SAME TIME he is hitting Charge! WHAM, WHAM, SLAM! Shotgun to the face! More than once a Collector Drone is simply forced over the side of the platform without Shepard having to waste ammo on the bug.
4: I mentioned this before, but he is not afraid of taking it close and personal with Harbinger itself! A couple of times getting off more than 4-5 shots with the Shotgun at point-blank range before Harbinger even does anything. HOW??? Is the shotgun stunning Harbinger briefly?
5: His shields, due to the Vanguard Charge (which obviously is maxed out) are often higher than his health bar. He's avoiding taking damage many times by charging in order to boost his shields.
All in all, that is just... a virtuoso performance. I'm still in awe.