Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to The Future in theaters this weekend only
Back to The Future in theaters this weekend only
Back To The Future will be playing in AMC theaters this coming Saturday and Monday. Here's a link to AMC's page about it.
My main question: WHY IS THIS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD OF THIS? I already have plans for this weekend! Graahhh!
Edit:
and here's the trailer:

-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Sadly I already have plans, too -- twice over: tickets to a Princeton football game at 1 pm when all the showings appear to be 12:30, plus Peggy has just come down with either a bad cold or a mild flu, so we're probably not going anywhere. Pity, I would've liked to have seen that on a big screen again.
ETA:  Oh, wait!  In my area, at least, there are going to be showings all the way until Thursday 10/28.  Much better.  And the closest theatre will actually takes passes for their showings!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

There is only one possible response to this.

Great Scott!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Lucky. I would suggest confirming that with the theater though, as the only advertised dates are for Saturday and Monday, and the website was acting kind of wonky for me. Sometimes the 'Find showings in my location' page would let me select dates through the 28, and would sometimes display results, while other times it would only let me pick from the advertised dates. If it is showing when you can go though, enjoy.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

In my area, at least, it's not just Back to the Future.  They're showing all three back-to-back-to-back.  If I didn't already have plans -- and if I felt like sitting in the theater for 6 hours -- I'd probably go.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Huh, a major cinema chain doing special screenings of a cult movie, never happens down here. One of the local indie theaters (http://www.astor-theatre.com/) is however doing a screening of Rocky Horror, might even turn into a singalong version. 'Cos they're running a best costume contest too.

Heh. Sounds like something the Byrd Theater down in Carrie Town (Richmond), Virginia might do.