Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Funny Bit from World of Warcraft
Random Funny Bit from World of Warcraft
As some of you know, I acquired a free month of game time due to a RMT farmer who thought they had hacked an idle, unwatched account. (Which later I boosted by a week. I'm on till Dec 15th for free) If you haven't seen me around in City of Heroes the last week or so, it's likely because I've been getting re-familiarized with the WoW world. As an aside, it's been a fascinating experience. All the new elements make for a gameplay experience that is MUCH more solo-friendly than before. And joining dungeon parties is now amazingly easy now that all the dungeons are cross realm instances! No waiting around or building a party!
Anyway, not the point I was posting about. Now...
One of the things I do love about the WoW design team is that, like the City of Heroes devs, they put jokes into the game. Sly references to popular culture. Obscure in-jokes. Things that the discerning geek would grok and get a laugh at.
This is one that's not quite so obscure as -say- having an Oscillation Overthruster as a component or power boost. Or maybe having an NPC in Theramore port be a reference to Mike Rowe of the Discovery show Dirty Jobs.
No - this one is EASY...
Some spoiler space...

There's a dirt and cobblestone road that runs from the human starting zone of Elwynn Forest to the plains of Westfall. Before the new world changes went into effect, there was a farmer and his wife (and their horse) standing by the side of the road with a pair of quests for low level characters to do. Real simple, mundane stuff. They had cleared out of their farm in a hurry and had left some things behind and while they're fixing their wagon would you please go and retrieve the stuff before the bandits get it? That sort of thing.
Now, after the most recent patch which changed the world. The farmer and his wife (and the horse) are still there. Sort of. They're corpses. They've been murdered (the horse too).
Standing there is a team of investigators looking over the crime scene. One of the junior investigators comments that it's a real shame what's happened to the farmer and his wife. The other comments that it's also sad what happened to the horse, but why didn't they just -steal- the horse? 
The senior investigator, wearing a black suit with red hair, looks things over...
Investigator Horatio Laine: "Yes, in this case, it looks like they definitely put the cart...
*PUTS ON SHADES WITH SUN GLINTING OFF*

...before the horse."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
*Cue "Won't Get Fooled Again"
-Logan
--------------------
(Have I mentioned recently how much I LOVE THESE
MAGNIFICENT BASTARDS????  ^_^ )
--------------------

I much prefer my writing for it, even if it isn't pure-white-G-rated:

"Well, they certainly kicked *Shades* this ass."

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Horatio and his shades are present all through the zone, right up until the final boss of the revamped Deadmines.
spoilerwhite: "I guess that's the way... the Cookie crumbles."
--Sam
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Heh... Wait until you get into Lakeshire. I caught a old movie reference I think you all will get a kick out of...
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...