Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denver Police Defeat Dangerous Robot
Denver Police Defeat Dangerous Robot
Quote:A robot met its end near Coors Field
tonight when the Denver Police Department Bomb Squad detonated the
"suspicious object," bringing to an end the hours-long standoff between
police and the approximately eight-inch tall figurine.
Full article http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16752786?source=rss]here, includes photo of insidious mechanical foe.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Gah sounds like the ATHF Movie Lite Brite situation in Boston all over again.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

bah. Obviously a Service bot. Now if It'd been a Gundam maybe their concerns would have been warented
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Here is a sterling example of a decisive victory for the AD Police! Big Grin

And somewhere, some J. Random Prankster is laughing his/her kiester off because of this absurd over reaction.

Still, I can't help wondering how long it'll be before all toys are forced by law to be things that won't panic police and DHS, as a result of one too many incidents like this. We've already lost interesting chemistry sets and toy guns that aren't entirely fluorescent orange; how long before the entire country is Sombertown?
-- Bob
---------

blackaeronaut Wrote:And somewhere, some J. Random Prankster is laughing his/her kiester off because of this absurd over reaction.

And somewhere, some J. Random Prankster is panicking and hopping the CIA won't track him down and throw him in gitmo and subject him to 'enhanced interogation' (ie: what the US used to execute Japanese officers for, because it was considered torture.) because of this absurd over reaction.

FTFY
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Quote:'enhanced interogation' (ie: what the US used to execute Japanese officers for, because it was considered torture.)
Silly Catty, it's only torture in the third person, as in "they tortured". It's always right and proper in the first person, as in "we interrogated".
-- Bob
---------

Ah, but of course, silly me, how could I forget that?

---
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."