Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Christmasy stuff on the BBC
Interesting Christmasy stuff on the BBC
Well if they haven't played it on your local TV (AU - ABC 1 and apparently somewhere in the US & Canada too) the good ol' Beeb done some brilliant Christmas releated episodes of Top Gear and Doctor Who.

The Doctor Who Christmas Special is of cause Steven Moffat's blending of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", a potential disaster movie (which most of the recent DW xmas specials have been Titanic X Poseidon Adventure ) and Doctor Who. It works. Michael Gambon eats his Scrooge alike roles with relish.

As for Top Gear, well they teased us with a normal year-ender episode filmed mostly in America. Who knew that a normal road car, like say a Ferrari 458 & the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, could be so difficult to launch off a mildly moist start line at a drag strip. Then the Top Gear special hit. It's their version of a nativity play. With them as the Three Wise Men starting with three 3500 quid convertable 'Roadsters' (Mazda MX5, BMW Z3, Fiat Barchetta) in Abril, Iraq to Bethlehem, West Bank.

From watching it, aside from the nice-ish scenery, noticing that Hammond & May packed a full tool kit, I got the feeling I was almost watching a fanscript in action.

I also got the feeling that certain religious groups are going to have many kittens from the actions of a certain JC at the Sea of Galilee......

--Rod.H

Not a wiff of the Top Gear, but the Doctor was on BBC America, aired appropriatly on Christmas Night. Twas taped and enjoyed by all the family Whovians at our family swag gathering sunday night.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children