Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) See It In A Theater Near You
Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) See It In A Theater Near You
Evangelion 2.0 is coming to a number of theaters in the US and Canada. The timing and locations for the US showings are listed here:
http://blog.funimation.co...2-0-theatrical-schedule/
Canadian screening locations have not yet been announced, though it mentions there will be some partway down the page.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Hm. Might have to take the train into Manhattan the week of the 21st...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And the two closest showings to me are New York, and Greensboro, NC.  In that order.  Grr.

Canadian locations listed here. There is also a link on the bottom of the page for requesting it in your area.  That page looks as if it might have more locations for the US listed than the blog as well.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Wish I'd known about it sooner, or that they had a Boston Screening. Sad New York's a bit far for me to go for a movie. Boston is more manageable.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Hmmm. I may go to the Montreal screening. Too bad this isn't the 2.2 version.

I might go to the one in Windsor, as that is just about an hour drive from where I live, plus border crossing.
-----

I wonder if they're gonna make arrangements for showings on military bases. Sure, I could have probably watched it here in Japan, but there would have been no subtitles.

Oh, nift. The local art theater is showing it, and Eva 1.0 beforehand according to that list. I was at a convention held within walking distance of that theater when they originally showed 1.0, only when I saw the poster up I thought it was an announcement that it was coming because I'd previously seen a date online saying it would be a month later.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Local where?  If it's not in the DC area...

Nuts. I just realized I'd forgot to go see this when it was screened down here as a double feature with 1.0. One thing it was back in September, at the one art-house cinema in Melbourne I find extremely difficult to get to (I also found the entire mall hard to get to if I have to do a IT job there - the parking sucks).

Edit: Oh joy, I just discovered that the one that I find easy to get to is running an unofficial Studio Ghibli festival and I just missed out on seeing Nausicaa & My Neighbor Totoro.

Rod H Wrote:Edit: Oh joy, I just discovered that the one that I find easy to get to is running an unofficial Studio Ghibli festival and I just missed out on seeing Nausicaa & My Neighbor Totoro.
Bummer, man.
Though with the way 'Home Theatre Systems' are nowadays... I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth going to the theaters anymore.  BluRay on a nice 1020p 240 Hz monitor is pretty tasty looking, even if it is just anime.  (Those 3D digimation films REALLY pop out at you on one of these things!)  Add a 7.1 surround sound system... no wonder they call it 'Home Theater'.
Of course... that's as long as you can afford the system.  If not, then the movie theater is a perfectly acceptable alternative.  (^_^Wink
Since I don't really have a home of my own, I don't even have the option.  (x_x)

Ah, sorry, was typing nift as in nifty.
Afraid local for me is Phoenix Metro area of Arizona, so not commuting distance of DC.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Ah, s'okay.
And yer right, that's a _bit_ more of a hike than DC (or New York, for that matter).  If I were visiting my uncle, otoh...

I happen to be only a bus ride from one of the Theaters. However, they do not have plans to show Eva 1.0 beforehand (Nor could I manage two long screenings). Amusing how everyone else wants to see it, but can't. o.o
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

BA, even if I did have a HTS set-up what I like to watch and what the rest of the household likes to watch are two completely different things. Hence the headphones on my computer monitor connected Xbox - and the backlog of DVDs. 'Side we've only got a 100 Hz 1080p screen.

As for going to the movies, well that theater is really a theater. It's a genuine remnant from the 1930's, lovingly maintained and discreetly updated over the years. It's last of its kind down here.

The next session of the Ghibli festival is Princess Mononoke & Spirited Away. Going by the time I saw Mononoke there it's going to be the english dub.

--Rod.H

Dang.  Nothing in Michigan.  Nothing within three states of me, either.  Well, there's Indianapolis, but I'm just not driving 6hrs to see a movie.

Hold on... Windsor?  Okay, that's only 90min, and I go there often enough for it to be familiar territory.  That could work.

You're in Michigan too? Neat.
-----

Nothing near here at all, which I suppose isn't surprising. But this does mean it'll be hitting DVD soon, so there's that.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Nothing in my area, either, far as I can tell.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

When the DVDs come out, I'm going to hold off until 2.22 comes out. Is there anything in 2.02 that isn't in 2.22? I know that 2.22 has added scenes.
-----

Rod: Wouldn't happen to be this place, would it?

Neg, while that one's of the same era. Just one, no... two small problems: wrong country, wrong continent. I was referring to this place, which I might go to this Saturday. They're showing Tron:legacy & Burton's Alice.....both of which I think are possible contenders for the movies that must not be played back-to-back list.

Did you skip over the word Melbourne? As in HMAS Melbourne, come to think of it I never did think of taking any photos of her and her sisters when they were being built at Williamstown.
Gah, perhaps changing my avpic to [Image: 9130744dcfd7cc3f3fc4cfff50145aff87355b11_full.jpg] would give a better clue to nationality. Or not.

Sorry, Rod. I have a tendency to forget about how big the world is at times - Meaning that, to me, a trip to the US from Japan is just a minor inconvenience. (^_^Wink

*grumble grumble* The movie is playing in my town, unfortunately, I'm on afternoon shifts the night in question.

This happened with the first part too. >Sad