Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madoka Magica: Just Sign On The Dotted Line

By the way ep 8 is out now, just if anyone cares.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Oh, I know. I'm laughing like a lunatic.

The truly great thing about all this is that
There is just no cultural context in the Japanese audience for
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Hmm after watching it there are some fairly dramatic confirmations of some of the fan speculation. Also I was honestly surprised by **CENSORED FOR SPOILERS**, even though I should probably not have been, but after that the **CENSORED FOR SPOILERS** was just expected. [Image: banana-dance.gif]

By the way I hate Yuku. I really hate Yuku. Anyone like me with javascript turned of should be warned of spoilers, I'll try to keep them mild.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"

"Incubator", huh.

I don't like where this is going. I don't like where this is going at all.

Although grenades, for the win.

There's a fan comic circulating now of Homura learning from one of the great masters.

Kiritsugu.

'Take this grenade, Homura. You'll understand when the time comes.'
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Linky?
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

And Kiritsugu had the time manipulation thing too! Nice.
On another note, does anyone else think Kyubei is recycling the witches? The Grief Seeds are witches eggs, and once they've been almost recharged by the girls, the eggs are placed within Kyubei, whose full name is [REDACTED]. It seems quite likely to me that once whatever magical girls saw a particular witch are gone, Kyubei releases that seed back into the world, where it can hatch and be killed again. Kyubei was there when the unhatched seed at the hospital in episode three was found, wasn't he? Otherwise, how could the inactive seed have gotten there?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:Linky?
Here you go.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

@Jorlem: But to what end? If this were the Nasuverse (Gen Urobuchi not withstanding), I'd all be a plot by Gaea to wipe out the human race. Several questions are still unanswered. The lines of evolution (digimon style) seem to be (using code instead of spoilers):

Schmuck bait-->Puella-->OH CRAP!

Familiar--> OH Crap!

????--->Cubey-->????

So, where do familliars come from? Suicides? Where does Cubey stand in the progression of evolution? He seems to be a predator, since he eats Grief Seeds... While can only come from (insert terminology)... who used to be (you know what by now).... who have (these things).

So, Cubey is using Puella to turn (these things) into Grief Seeds... Grief seeds are used to extract darkness from (these things)... Witches are powered by Curses... Therefore the stuff removed from (these things) must be curses, or 'curse power'. He EATS curse power... Yest he is not A witch... that we know of... Is he trying for Aseention? is he a familliar somehow mode-locked? Or is he being very, VERY efficient, not ascending until he's so powerful he can't be killed?

Also, given the known last scene of Faust... I asked my German teacher how Faust, which PMMM seems to be spiritually based on, ended. I does not look good. I think Homura might be using Reverse Psychology to have Madoka (do THAT), but she's trying to maneuver her into the RIGHT (do THAT). Given (Dr.'s schnicht) seems to be involved, likely the place she came from is where everything ends according to the known cannon ending of Faust (thematically speaking). in which case...

My head hurts...
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.

I believe it was stated somewhere that the Familiars are split off of their parent Witch, and can grow into a clone of that Witch.  Its kind of like how you can take a cutting of a plant, and grow it into a full plant.
I see Kyubei as a sort of catalyst, promoting the growth of the Grief Seeds.  That Mami called the Grief Seeds 'Witch eggs', and Kyubei's full name being what it is, seems to indicate to me that Kyubei isn't actually eating the Grief Seeds, but is in fact storing and stockpiling them for something.  I mean, look what happens
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Huh, next episode is out and I must say that **** is surprisingly reasonable and friendly. And has a very good pokerface.

HE IS AN EVIL BASTARD! Never forget this, lest ye be trapped...
Check out said crack:

So...
Two great tastes that go great together!

Madoka Magica meets The Matrix? Cross Over That Should Not Be, anyone?

QB, or course, STILL needs to die!

And how does one making those spoiler tags? It doesn't seem to work for me.
Check out said crack:

Spoilers are done with CTRL+s
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

or (spoiler)(/spoiler) tags, of course replacing the ( with a [

"What is your wish, Madoka?"
"I'd like every member of your species and all and any of their associates to be immediately eradicated from this and any other universe. And your head in a bowl, to keep on my night-table. Every morning I would look up into your lifeless smile and wave,
like this. Can you and yours arrange that for me, Kyubei ?"

"Great! And when you turn into the most powerful witch in existence with no one to stop you, please think of me..."
Check out said crack:

Warning! Pure Speculation Ahead:
I'm still thinking that Homura has to be related to Madoka's wish from another timeline. My personal pet theory is that Homura is Archer: she has a lot of the qualities that Madoka sees herself lacking. Wishing for something like "I wish to go back in time to before this all began and stop this from happening--I need to be someone who can stop this from happening."

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:"Great! And when you turn into the most powerful witch in existence with no one to stop you, please think of me..."
As if they'd ever grant that...
But even then, without the KBs active meddling, I suspect it is much harder to into a witch.

The idea that Homura is an Archer expy has been floated around before, but it's difficult to nail down exactly what is going on. Her obsession with Madoka, however, is starting to throw up danger flags. I don't think she cares about the city, anyone in it who isn't Madoka, or even the world.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Berk Wrote:The idea that Homura is an Archer expy has been floated around before, but it's difficult to nail down exactly what is going on. Her obsession with Madoka, however, is starting to throw up danger flags. I don't think she cares about the city, anyone in it who isn't Madoka, or even the world.
That's a really good point. Homura is currently taking on an anti-hero role, but is she really an anti-villian?

I'm not sure I buy the Archer theory. Madoka is supposed to acquire truly godlike power. Now, time stop is pretty cool, but, in episode 1, that Gear Witch was mopping the floor with Homura's face. Seemed a bit short of godlike to me.
On the other hand, who else could it be? For just about anybody else, it'd be more of a stretch.

Also,
Two great tastes that go great together!